Beckett Message Boards
11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+---- Thread: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) (/thread-1501416.html)

Pages: 1 2

11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - farnam14 - 05-28-2012

Yup, it's been a while since I've been on beckett (I guess long enough for my # of posts to be reset, I remember when I broke 1000 I had a little contest giving away free cards, dunno if people still do that...good times...good times.)

Anyways, the new site revamp is a little confusing, still can't figure out how to add a sig, any help appreciated Smile

Before I post my results, I just wanted to say I used to spend countless hours of my day on beckett back in my dorky middle school/ early high school days. Really loved the community and am looking forward to rediscovering some old friends if they still exist. Beckett really gave me something to look forward to when I was younger, I guess it was my secret escape. No one knew about my collection (a thread I had started that eventually made the mag lol), and that's what made my collection something I did only for myself.

I hope this doesn't sound so lovey dovey, not like u can't skip to the results anyways. I guess I just wanted to reintroduce myself back to the site. In no way do I plan to collect the way I did when I was younger, I had planned to buy a pack just to revisit the joy I had of opening packs back in the day. Unfortunately, being the college student that I am...I bought these packs with $$ in my eyes, so without further adieu lets see how I did...

Third Card was a Lazar Hayward Panini red auto redemption...
No screen so I thought I'd list this one first

First card however I decided to open the booklet

[Image: screenshot20120528at655.png]

[Image: screenshot20120528at656.png]

Obviously nothing special, tho keep in mind I'm a big Texas Longhorns - Houston Rockets fam, so to see a card of patterson was pretty sick.

2nd Card was this Eric Bledsoe auto /75

[Image: screenshot20120528at653.png]

[Image: screenshot20120528at654.png]

and with the 3rd as the redemption I think it's safe to say I was a little disheartened being that I had bought this pack kind of as an investment...
Then I opened the last pack
Slowly opened it and saw the back, 9/10...interested I slowly revealed who it was
[Image: screenshot20120528at650.png]

Heck yeah

[Image: screenshot20120528at649.png]

Kevin Durant auto Red #'d 9/10

Super stoked. KD was my fav Texas player, as I said before the longhorns and the rockets were my favorite teams. I even got to see KD play for the horns when I visited my sister in Austin (i live in San Diego). Even tho I had planned to sell my money maker, I'm still undecided whether I should hold my first and only KD auto, leaning more towards keeping it than putting up on the bay for now tho Smile

Anyways there you have it, pretty stoked.

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - bbills1999 - 05-28-2012

Welcome back to the Site and Congrats on the Durant Auto nice way to get back into hobby

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - kevinr - 05-28-2012

Congrats on the break and the KD also welcome back to the boards.

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - buckunteer - 05-29-2012

I would have been worried after that booklet too that's maybe the worst collection of players I've seen on one of those!

But that KD auto is definitely sa-weet. Welcome back!

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - magneto2 - 05-29-2012

Sick Hit! That is incredible break after such a long time away!

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - quavis - 05-29-2012

AWESOME! With that hit, welcome back to the addiction!!!!! I bet you get into even heavier than before!LOL

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - alstott9adams - 05-29-2012

Sick durant

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - farnam14 - 05-29-2012

(05-29-2012, 12:37 AM)buckunteer Wrote: I would have been worried after that booklet too that's maybe the worst collection of players I've seen on one of those!
Yea lol, heartbreak on a really sick card

(05-29-2012, 10:09 AM)quavis Wrote: I bet you get into even heavier than before!LOL

Haha, seriously, especially after this break, my first instinct was to buy another one lol. Being a hungry college student tho I have to play it a lil conservative, but I'm also planning on downsizing my collection on the bay, so depending on how that goes I might just have to pick up some more packs >8)

Thanks guys!

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - bbills1999 - 05-29-2012

Just wondering what do you plan on Focusing/ Collecting??

if your looking to sell cards just to buy more cards you should give trading on here a Shot..

RE: 11/12 Panini Preferred (first break after 5 years) - gjpoll1 - 05-30-2012

Congrats on the Durant(beautiful card), and welcome back.