Beckett Message Boards
Panini Preferred Case too risky? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Panini Preferred Case too risky? (/thread-1499866.html)

Pages: 1 2

Panini Preferred Case too risky? - htowntigger - 05-15-2012 02:05 PM

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask what you guys thought about Panini Preperred? I opened a few boxes myself and didn't do all that great... but I'm trying to complete the Olajuwon Rainbow in this set and most of the ones I need are very short print. I've been keeping an eye on it, see if it goes down in price, maybe buy a case when it goes down a bit more. Too risky?

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - xstreaminsanity - 05-15-2012 02:09 PM

For your goal, yeah, too risky. Hold that cash and keep your eyes open. I like the product (at least the look) and I don't care about ROI, but I'd say just wait for the card to pop up.

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - quavis - 05-15-2012 02:10 PM

If it were me, Id wait for the Fleer Retro. I want a case soooooo badly!

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - xstreaminsanity - 05-15-2012 02:11 PM

(05-15-2012 02:10 PM)quavis Wrote:  If it were me, Id wait for the Fleer Retro. I want a case soooooo badly!

That's not going to help him with his Preferred Olajuwan quest. Smile

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - buckunteer - 05-15-2012 02:12 PM

For that goal you're way better off scouring the 'net for singles. The boxes have come down though, and the cases as well. Most sites have them for around $175 already down from the initial $200. When a couple more products come out they will probably dip even a little further, so if you still want a case I'd wait til it's not the newest thing and prices drop even more!

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - quavis - 05-15-2012 02:15 PM

(05-15-2012 02:11 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote:  That's not going to help him with his Preferred Olajuwan quest. Smile

Id rather have any Olajuwan in the Retro set. What I meant was, buy the singles of Preffered, and buy a case of Retro.

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - xstreaminsanity - 05-15-2012 02:21 PM

(05-15-2012 02:15 PM)quavis Wrote:  Id rather have any Olajuwan in the Retro set. What I meant was, buy the singles of Preffered, and buy a case of Retro.

lol. Ok, got ya. Smile

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - bbills1999 - 05-15-2012 02:28 PM

I still Think Elitle Black was alot better then Preferred for the Money but tahts just me.

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - htowntigger - 05-15-2012 02:34 PM

(05-15-2012 02:11 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote:  That's not going to help him with his Preferred Olajuwan quest. Smile

Lol, the funny thing is that I am getting a case of the Fleer Retro : P I think if it goes down to under $1500, I may take a chance on it, after all those Shilouette patches are sick! I don't know if the reason I haven't found the rest of the Olajuwons I need is because all are redemptions, think they'll start popping up once they start redeeming them.
(05-15-2012 02:28 PM)bbills1999 Wrote:  I still Think Elitle Black was alot better then Preferred for the Money but tahts just me.

Yeah, I've thought about that too! I just want to open a case, I guess!

RE: Panini Preferred Case too risky? - buckunteer - 05-15-2012 02:42 PM

Yeah if I were gonna pick up a new case I'd probably go with Elite Black too, so much cheaper now, better looking cards too.