Beckett Message Boards
Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... (/thread-1499632.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - pacrimcollectibles - 05-13-2012

I don't think you're going to find much feeling the Yo Gabba Gabba packs. I could be wrong but I'm guessing I'm not.

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - jacobystealshome - 05-13-2012

i think you might be surprised. afterall, how do you think so much cocaine gets smuggled into the country?

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - JonnysCards - 05-13-2012

Man I had a bad time a few weeks ago at Walmart. It was right when the Press pass and Leaf started making the new football 2012 stuff. I was there and wanted to grab a couple singles to have something when i got home. Well, I got home that day and two basketball packs I bought had the top of the packs opened just enough to see if there was jersey card in there. I think it terrible kids are doing this, I am alot more careful now. Its a great hobby, but i guess with every great things, there will be negatives to go along with it.

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - crazy4cardz - 05-13-2012

I don't think it is only the kids...I learned my lesson on retail packs at WalMart. Somebody there opened about 35 packs with a razor and they pulled all the chrome for about three months. All I know is that karma is a b@&$?!

(05-13-2012, 12:26 PM)JonnysCards Wrote: Man I had a bad time a few weeks ago at Walmart. It was right when the Press pass and Leaf started making the new football 2012 stuff. I was there and wanted to grab a couple singles to have something when i got home. Well, I got home that day and two basketball packs I bought had the top of the packs opened just enough to see if there was jersey card in there. I think it terrible kids are doing this, I am alot more careful now. Its a great hobby, but i guess with every great things, there will be negatives to go along with it.

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - aktlingit - 05-13-2012

(05-13-2012, 12:26 PM)JonnysCards Wrote: Man I had a bad time a few weeks ago at Walmart. It was right when the Press pass and Leaf started making the new football 2012 stuff. I was there and wanted to grab a couple singles to have something when i got home. Well, I got home that day and two basketball packs I bought had the top of the packs opened just enough to see if there was jersey card in there. I think it terrible kids are doing this, I am alot more careful now. Its a great hobby, but i guess with every great things, there will be negatives to go along with it.

Actually from what I see at our various WalMart and Target locations here in Austin it's greedy adults not kids. And that's what bothers me most. Think of the kid who gets a little bit of allowance and wants to buy a pack and he either a) will never get a great/cool card because people search and then buy those packs or b) will get a pack that's missing cards because people search and steal just that card. Either scenario and the kid is being ripped off in some form or another.

EDIT: Yeah forgot to mention the time I stepped in and helped a 7 year old girl who I'd seen at the store a few times and she just opened a rare card being ripped off by a guy trying to trade it from her for literally pennies on the dollar. The guy called me an a$$hole...

As much as I love our hobby, I hate what it's done to the kids aspect of collecting. Most of us started out collecting as kids and have good memories. These kids starting out are getting a lot of bad memories. Between costs being so high for individual packs to people pack searching to other things like lying about which variation that card is in order to get it cheaper from the kid (especially when they aren't marked, yes I'm talking to you 2011 Bowman refractors).

If I ever have the money I do want to open a card store that caters to kids more. Things like bonuses for good grades, discounts for being with their parents (I see a lot of kids alone at the card stores), and whatever other random stuff I can come up with.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - pyr0punk - 05-13-2012

i often wonder how many pack searchers we have on here with all the huge retail hits in the box break section. 1-2 autos pulled is good luck, 3-4 autos pulled in 5 rack packs or more short prints then i get in a hobby box very questionable.

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - jacobystealshome - 05-13-2012

(05-13-2012, 12:32 PM)crazy4cardz Wrote: I don't think it is only the kids...I learned my lesson on retail packs at WalMart.

it's not just adults...it's beckett members, like irbecards32

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1499215.html

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - dbroockerd - 05-13-2012

(05-13-2012, 12:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's not just adults...it's beckett members, like irbecards32

That is just plain crap and I can not believe I just read that.

I have a sweet collection of autos and not one pack searched. As a matter of fact not but one or two ever pulled by me. I just buy and trade singles anymore. No point buying loose packs with the stories I here.

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - aktlingit - 05-13-2012

(05-13-2012, 12:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's not just adults...it's beckett members, like irbecards32

Yeah, wow, I seriously had to hold back all the things I wanted to say rather than risk being banned. I still did post in the thread and I have added several people to my naughty list that I will not deal with in any shape or form now.

RE: Dear pack searcher at Target this morning ... - snappyjoe75 - 05-13-2012

Ive seen this too about walmart. I shook my head at the guy as he looked at me. And then I told him about how he is ripping kids off. He looked at and flipped me off. And here is the kicked. I had my 6 and 2 year old with me. I just laughed and walked away.