Beckett Message Boards
Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) (/thread-1498616.html)

Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - buckunteer - 05-04-2012

OK, so I'm not the most technologically inclined person on the planet. I want to know how everybody knows what things typically sell for on the 'bay. The only way I know how to do it is to find the item, then put it in my watch list and check out what the item ends for.

A lot of the time, however, that's invalid b/c there is an OBO option so you really can't tell what the card actually sold for.

Help, anyone??

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - motu79 - 05-04-2012

After you search for a certain item (i.e. 1986 Jordan BGS), along the left hand side will be an option that says 'Completed Listings'. Click on that and it will show you all sales for the 86 Jordan's. The one's in green means it sold.

I believe you have to be signed in to you eBay account to view these as well.

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - buckunteer - 05-04-2012

and that answers that! Thank ya much Smile

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - bbills1999 - 05-04-2012

What Motu Said.. Advanced Search make sure Completed Listing is Checked then type in what you want to look for..

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - pingbling23 - 05-05-2012

there are no dumb questions, just the dumb people that ask them hahahaha jk!!!! also, when looking at completed listings, if the bin or bo feature has been used, you have to click on the auction to see what the final sell price was. someone could have a bin of $400 and accepted an offer for $225 but on the screen with all the auctions, the $400 will be in green, if you click on the auction, it will show the sell was $225.

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - marquettewade3 - 05-05-2012

Not a dumb question at all. I had the same one up until about 3 months ago when someone enlightened me. It helps alot to look at those completed listings.

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - pingbling23 - 05-05-2012

its definitely a great asset, especially when trading for high end cards, i cant trade a card that books for 100 but sells for 80 for a card that books for a 100 and sells for 20.

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - natebuzzadams2 - 05-05-2012

that is a very true statement. it helps to determine the real value of what you have.

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - kstjst - 05-06-2012

(05-05-2012, 01:07 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: there are no dumb questions, just the dumb people that ask them hahahaha jk!!!! also, when looking at completed listings, if the bin or bo feature has been used, you have to click on the auction to see what the final sell price was. someone could have a bin of $400 and accepted an offer for $225 but on the screen with all the auctions, the $400 will be in green, if you click on the auction, it will show the sell was $225.

You know, I never understood why on the buy it now's it doesn't just show the price that it actually sold at. I swear in the past it used to be that way.

RE: Another eBay question (probably a dumb one) - bbills1999 - 05-06-2012

(05-06-2012, 12:51 AM)kstjst Wrote: You know, I never understood why on the buy it now's it doesn't just show the price that it actually sold at. I swear in the past it used to be that way.

I Believe if you open the Auction for the BIN/BO it will show the actually selling price.