Beckett Message Boards
question for single player "Super Collectors" - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: question for single player "Super Collectors" (/thread-1498566.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

question for single player "Super Collectors" - superynaldo - 05-04-2012

how are you guys keeping track of what you need,etc??? I am starting to lose track just a little bit...Smile I need to come up with a master list, or some sort of organization option... thanks!!!

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - chads-cards - 05-04-2012

This is why I have so many dupes

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - younglover - 05-04-2012

I entered all his cards then marked all my haves and put them in a pc folder. I then made a separate folder for each year and labeled them "1995 S Young wants" etc. I also made a folder of 1/1, n/a that more than likely I will never get. That way when I see I only need 73 wants in a year I actually feel like I have a chance of completing it Smile. You can check my org if you want. It works for me.

I am not really a 'super collector,' but.....

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - dmasci - 05-04-2012

You used to get a master list in the registries right? I know that on the PSA website you can see regular and master lists of players....just don't know if a master list includes every possible card...there are so many today it would be hard to keep track.

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - biglump007 - 05-04-2012

I keep a hand written list in a spiral notebook

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - superynaldo - 05-04-2012

it would be real nice to have some sort of list on my computer, I can view/print etc... I have my bucket set up, but an actual checklist would be sweet... any way to print one out???

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - bakerman8419 - 05-04-2012

You gotta have two collections. 1 for haves and 1 for wants. Once you have your collections logged in you can print your wants collection and boom (John Madden voice) now you have a handy list anytime you need one.

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - supbullcoc - 05-04-2012

I have mine set up in my photo gallery on my home computer. I scan EVERY single card i get. I copy the EXACT name of the card off of Becketts checklist and make it the title of the picture. So then every card goes in alphabetical order from the beginning. So if i come across something that i think i do or dont next its easy for me to cross reference it

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - PadresFan86 - 05-04-2012

I copy and pasted the whole master list from beckett onto microsoft word. I bold the cards I have and keep the ones I want un-bolded.

Here's an example

[Image: masterlist.jpg]

RE: question for single player "Super Collectors" - lambeau legend4 - 05-04-2012

I have a photographic memory, so I really dont carry a list (at least right now I dont, lol). But back before I had to sell my collection, I had well over 3500 different Favre's, I bought one of those thick beckett bibles that had every card ever made listed for every single player.... I jus made photocopies of each page then went thru year by year crossing off what I had. A bit teadious, but a fun way to go thru your collection, lol.