Beckett Message Boards
In The Game question - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: In The Game question (/thread-1497512.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

In The Game question - benmitchell1024 - 04-25-2012

I have always collected Upper Deck. I mainly go for UD Series 1 and SP Authentic. Never bought a ITG product. How is the company viewed in the hobby? Are they considered 2nd rate?

RE: In The Game question - nemesis77777 - 04-25-2012

Some people think so, because they dont have an official licence, but i dont mind their stuff. Never actually broken any of it myself, but have seen tons broken, and theres some good stuff for sure. I liked Captain-C from this year, though that was a good set, and Canada Vs The World has some nice looking stuff as well.

RE: In The Game question - gmccarth - 04-25-2012

Like nemesis77777 said, they are viewed by some as a lesser product, kind of like Be A Player. Because of that, you can pick up autos and memorabilia cards of great players for cheap, and the quality of the cards is very nice, in my opinion.

RE: In The Game question - 705-janveaux - 04-25-2012

i just broke a box of heroes and prospects, the cards are nice
patches are large but in a sense i must agree the are kinda 2nd rate
just for the fact of how they arre viewed in the resale hobby world.
but hey there still fun to break.

RE: In The Game question - bonnev659 - 04-25-2012

I love ITG for a few reasons:
- Customer service is amazing email them on a Sunday and got a reply within 2 hours...
- game used not any of event stuff, only gamed used
- product quality
-and most importantly have cards I want to collect

a few cons,
- license thing, the photos are lacking
- design at times is blah but i still enjoy it

RE: In The Game question - snobles - 04-25-2012

All depends on what you are after. For me it is the only brand I collect.

ITG Between The Pipes.

If you are looking for rookies it is for sure not what you want to buy.

I wouldn't call it 2nd rate but just focused on a different set of collectors.

RE: In The Game question - bonnev659 - 04-25-2012

(04-25-2012, 08:25 PM)snobles Wrote: I wouldn't call it 2nd rate but just focused on a different set of collectors.

+1

RE: In The Game question - mq13 - 04-25-2012

(04-25-2012, 08:25 PM)snobles Wrote: I wouldn't call it 2nd rate but just focused on a different set of collectors.

+1,000,000

If you are in this for resale then ITG is not the product to buy. If you a collector then this is a product that is worth it. I buy only ITG due to what bonney said it has players I collect. The swatches have an explanation from what jersey they come from. Unlike UD which can puts swatches that do not match the card (ie A red swatch on a Bruins player).

RE: In The Game question - dam1057 - 04-25-2012

ITG product rocks, with or without a license. Lots of nice looking cards, autographs and swatches. If you like them, you like them. If you don't...

RE: In The Game question - bruinsfan08 - 04-25-2012

Definitely not a second rate product, they've always used really nice swatches and patches, and they are untouchable in the 1/1 department, they're almost always stand-out cards. The licensing thing kills me, because I love my Bruins, so seeing a bunch of Bruins players on cards without any spoked B, or mention of the team is a bummer. Not a fan of the H&P stuff because I really only follow the NHL closely, but it has its pros and cons. Lots of ITG stuff, but some of my best cards are from ITG. Weird, but very true.