Beckett Message Boards
Hypothetic collecting - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Hypothetic collecting (/thread-1496929.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Hypothetic collecting - cougarbrent - 04-22-2012

1985 was the year, I collected mostly baseball but my dad got me started in some football so the player I would have really stockpiled from 1986 would have been Jerry Rice. But for baseball I would have collected more Chipper Jones and Greg Maddux.

RE: Hypothetic collecting - cptnemo66 - 04-22-2012

10 for me would have been 1984..... So I would have started saving my money to buy all the 1986 Fleer Basketball I could get. Just think a 800 count box filled with mint Jordan RCs.... and I dont even collect basketball lol....

RE: Hypothetic collecting - rob024420 - 04-22-2012

10 for me was 1994 so I would also have to go with Jeter. Its funny back then I didn't care as long the player was in a Cubs uni.

RE: Hypothetic collecting - jacobystealshome - 04-22-2012

1983 - boggs, gwynn, ryno as possibles (along with marcus allen)

probably go with gwynn. when i talked to ted williams at my barbershop, that's who he respected, so that's got to be good enough for me

RE: Hypothetic collecting - zeprock - 04-22-2012

Well, baseballmason saved me from being the old fart on here. I turned ten in the summer of 1969 and I would've collected just what I began collecting a year later in 1970. Every baseball card I could get my paws on. Now I'd be sitting on tons of vintage.

RE: Hypothetic collecting - waynetalger - 04-22-2012

Mine would have been 1985 Mark McGwire and would have sold them all during the homerun race between him and Sosa.
I would have kept one but I didnt even collect cards untill 89

RE: Hypothetic collecting - phillies816 - 04-22-2012

Deleted my first post because I misread what you meant. I was 10 in 1987 so I would have to go with Greg Maddux. I would have went with Bonds but chose otherwise for obvious reasons

RE: Hypothetic collecting - Krangry - 04-22-2012

Was 10 in 95, and i am reminded often about how terrible i treated my cards, haha. They are are still in my parents basement, and i stored them all in these plastic baseball shaped cases taht dinged every single corner. Luckily they are mostly crappy mass produced 90s cards, lol. I would have told myself to get some dang cardboard boxes, even if they dont look as cool, haha.

RE: Hypothetic collecting - ktcardshop - 04-23-2012

(04-21-2012, 05:30 PM)portfan Wrote: If you could go back to when you were 10 years old, who would you have collected knowing what you know now? For me that would have been 1993, so really that's a no brainer; it would have to be Derek Jeter. I'd have stockpiled the SP cards for future sale (I'd keep one for myself).

I was 10 in 1953 and wow I don 't know which one I would have collected, probably Mantle.

Ray

RE: Hypothetic collecting - sesfan01 - 04-23-2012

I was 10 in 1993 so I would have stocked up on Jeter and Arod rookies, but still would have ended up collecting Chipper as well.