Beckett Message Boards
What size padded envelopes? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What size padded envelopes? (/thread-1496724.html)

Pages: 1 2

What size padded envelopes? - marquettewade3 - 04-19-2012

Generally, what size padded envelopes do you buy if you are sending a few (1-4) cards? I bought some 4x6 which were too small. What's the standard?

RE: What size padded envelopes? - jeep1991 - 04-19-2012

4x6 aka #000 bubble mailer. Fits four cards just fine if you are using top loaders. One touches are a different story. Next size up is a 6x9.

RE: What size padded envelopes? - nickm1123 - 04-20-2012

I buy my envelopes at the Dollar Tree. You get two for a dollar and they are pretty thick and heavy duty. They are larger than needed when shipping 1-4 cards, but they are cheap which is good.

RE: What size padded envelopes? - marquettewade3 - 04-20-2012

(04-19-2012, 11:09 PM)jeep1991 Wrote: 4x6 aka #000 bubble mailer. Fits four cards just fine if you are using top loaders. One touches are a different story. Next size up is a 6x9.

I swear the last few I bought were 4x6 and I couldn't fit a card with a top loader so I was thinking something just slightly larger as you mentioned.

RE: What size padded envelopes? - jeep1991 - 04-20-2012

Maybe take a card with you and try it out next time before you buy, assuming they sell singles. I pick up #000 mailers for 89ยข a piece quite regularly for mailing my cards. I have even fit a 103 pt one touch with two 79 pt top loaders.

RE: What size padded envelopes? - jpleazme805 - 04-20-2012

check out discount stores... dollartree or something similar is good, but there are other larger discount stores that might have 4x6 (5 for $0.99-$3.00)... I was lucky to buy a bunch at GTM Discount in San Diego county. For anybody making trips to San Diego.. pick some up.. only two locations available.

http://www.gtmstores.com/

Recommend searching online for other discount stores near your location. Good luck.

RE: What size padded envelopes? - mw0109 - 09-11-2012

Padded envelopes are definately one option, but keep in mind that they are not designed to keep their contents flat. So when shipping valuable cards, you may want to consider using what are called Stay Flat Mailers. You can find both stay flat envelopes and padded envelopes here: http://www.packagingprice.com/forms/sub_category.cfm?CategoryID=1003&desc=Bubble+Mailers+and+Stay+Flat+Mailers

RE: What size padded envelopes? - jpleazme805 - 09-11-2012

the stay flat envelopes sometimes go through the automatic sorter at the post office. that is no bueno if you are sending cards in toploaders.. especially jersey/patch cards.. I've received two that had damage that way within the last three years..

I recommend saving the cardboard inserts (decoys) that are sometimes through in packs.. or get some cardboard, cut it down to size of a toploader & place it on the side of the patch/jersey.. or both sides is even better... I've shipped out 80+ items in the last month.. most I've ever sold.. I've used the 4x7.15" #000 bubblemailers.. not the best, but the cheapest I've found.... I buy them 5 for $0.99 at a local discount store in San Diego, Ca. I bought over 50 of them within the last two weeks. I get my packing tape & scotch tape there.. packing tape is $0.99, while scotch tape is 2x $0.99.. can't beat that.. I'm losing too much money in ebay/paypal fees & card protector supplies..

cards over $50, I usually ship in magnetic holders with a small piece of tape at the top to secure it shut.. also use teambags around every card I send... never had problems using the small bubblemailers..

I've shipped up to 6 cards, with toploaders.. but I think they were regular size & 55ct size cards..

The other size bubble mailers I've used is 6/9"... which I buy 2x $0.00. I shipped a Topps Letterman "letter hinged booklett" of Paul Pierce inside a 50ct plastic box... cost was less than $3.50 to ship in this size envelope..

you can also, but extra bubblewrap at a dollar store for cheap, or save it when you receive it from one of your previous busy...

maybe some of us can start posting pictures of how we package our cards.. ?? (note: erase addresses before posting pics)

RE: What size padded envelopes? - folkertino - 09-12-2012

I usually use what I believe is 4x6 and it fits up to three cards in top loaders just fine, even with an order printout wrapped around it. It's tight, but does avoid shifting around inside.

RE: What size padded envelopes? - kesscards - 09-12-2012

Like others have said, I use the 000 mailers. You can ship 3 regular top loaders in them or 10-15 cards with dummy cards on both sides in a team bag. If you don't mind buying in bulk, they can be real cheap...I just ordered 500 from the bay for $39.99 delivered.

For larger sales, go with the 00 mailers, which are 5"x10". In bulk they can be had for under 20 cents each and can hold up to 50-60 cards, depending on how securely you pack them.