Beckett Message Boards
The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: MMA (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. (/thread-1496407.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - chrisa19978 - 04-22-2012

Watching the fight for the 2nd time I don't see how they said Evan won a round looked pretty one sided toy me but oh well. I was impressed that Evans went the distance though as I defintly didn't think that was going to happen. Good luck to Dan Henderson but I can't see him winning either.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - Eli8024 - 04-22-2012

I wish Jon the best of luck against hendo. Hendo wont be in awe of the greatness of Jon jones and already has the right gameplan for him...he's going to take that fight to the mat.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - chrisa19978 - 04-22-2012

(04-22-2012, 10:37 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: I wish Jon the best of luck against hendo. Hendo wont be in awe of the greatness of Jon jones and already has the right gameplan for him...he's going to take that fight to the mat.

People have tried and have not been succesful this is why I don't think he will do well. What did they say Jon Jones has been on his back for 30 seconds in his entire MMA career. Most people know better than to stand up with him as well and they have tried and failed. I like Dan Henderson and I wish him the best though.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - syaney - 04-22-2012

If someone can take Jones down it will be Henderson. I dont think Hendo is concerned with getting knocked out. Rashad seemed tenative a few times, like he was afraid of getting "posterized" like he was against Machida....or Jones just is truly that unstoppable at this weight class....I would still like to see Jones have to fight someone with a similar reach to see if they would have a chance.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - mrhurtado17 - 04-22-2012

I love Hendo but he is getting older. Yes he looked good the last year or so but each month after 41 doesnt help. His cardio is clearly not the same. We know he is a great wrestler but he is too small for Jones. I mean Shogun took Hendo down many times. Jones will take him down and play with him as he knows better than to stand away and take a lucky punch. I think the only guy at 205 for Jones is Shogun again or Gustaffson in about a year. We know Jones will go HW before that. He will do fine there as walks into the ring around 225 and JDS walks in at 237 or so. Jones will learn to gain weight through trainers of MMA and probably strength guys from the NFL his bros will hook him up with. I am jsut glad rashad lost as I hate him. He should go fight chicks or something haha sorry ladies its just a joke!

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - Eli8024 - 04-23-2012

Jones would be just another Guy at HW. Which is his most ideal weight. I love hearing the excuses that he's "young and needs time to grow into that frame". He's 24 years old..football players can fill out by 20. Its called a cop-out because he wants to fight skinny at a lighter weight class. I'd have a bit more respect for him if he just admitted that. He definently is a beast at LHW but GSP would also be a legend at lightweight if he so chose.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - chrisa19978 - 04-23-2012

(04-22-2012, 10:24 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: I love Hendo but he is getting older. Yes he looked good the last year or so but each month after 41 doesnt help. His cardio is clearly not the same. We know he is a great wrestler but he is too small for Jones. I mean Shogun took Hendo down many times. Jones will take him down and play with him as he knows better than to stand away and take a lucky punch. I think the only guy at 205 for Jones is Shogun again or Gustaffson in about a year. We know Jones will go HW before that. He will do fine there as walks into the ring around 225 and JDS walks in at 237 or so. Jones will learn to gain weight through trainers of MMA and probably strength guys from the NFL his bros will hook him up with. I am jsut glad rashad lost as I hate him. He should go fight chicks or something haha sorry ladies its just a joke!

Dana White said not yet when they interviewed him after the fight. I know Jones mentioned it but he dose have skinny legs to fight as a heavyweight. My guess is he will in time but I doubt it will be this year.
(04-23-2012, 12:04 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Jones would be just another Guy at HW. Which is his most ideal weight. I love hearing the excuses that he's "young and needs time to grow into that frame". He's 24 years old..football players can fill out by 20. Its called a cop-out because he wants to fight skinny at a lighter weight class. I'd have a bit more respect for him if he just admitted that. He definently is a beast at LHW but GSP would also be a legend at lightweight if he so chose.

I just wanna know why you hate the guy so much as all you have done is bash him. This came straight from Dana Whites mouth. When Jones said he wanted to move up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jon-jones-may-have-to-get-heavy-to-get-bigger.html;_ylt=Ao6SJR1UwCI1bk5fT8g9DKs9Eo14

Jones already has the heavyweight division in his sights. Earlier this year, he told the "MMA Hour" podcast that he hoped to be competing at the heavyweight level as soon as this year.

"I actually asked Dana [White, UFC president] and Lorenzo [Fertitta, UFC co-owner], could I take a fight for the fans at the end of 2012," Jones said. "I figured beating [Dan] Henderson and Rashad [Evans], there would be a period where we'd figure out who I'm going to fight next, and during that period, at the end of 2012, I asked to fight a heavyweight, a Top 10 heavyweight."

No dice, said the UFC brass. "I wouldn't be too itchy to move up to heavyweight," White said in the small hours of Sunday morning after UFC 145. "It's not like, 'Oh, he's a big guy, he should move up to heavyweight. It's not going to be that fun at heavyweight."

Moving up to the heavyweight division isn't just a matter of bulking up. There are questions both logistical and competitive to consider. For starters, the size of Jones' legs is an issue. While he's able to clinch and stand up against someone of his own weight, he'd have a lot more trouble holding back a locomotive heavyweight. He'll need to put on more muscle to avoid getting bulldozed; there's only so much speed can do against brute force. And even if you can stand your ground, the punches hit a lot harder when they're coming from a 265-pound fighter than a 205-pounder.

(04-23-2012, 12:04 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Jones would be just another Guy at HW. Which is his most ideal weight. I love hearing the excuses that he's "young and needs time to grow into that frame". He's 24 years old..football players can fill out by 20. Its called a cop-out because he wants to fight skinny at a lighter weight class. I'd have a bit more respect for him if he just admitted that. He definently is a beast at LHW but GSP would also be a legend at lightweight if he so chose.

So what your saying to me here is because he is so tall and has long arms and ran through the top people at Light Heavyweight that he is too big to be one even know you put him against a Heavyweight he will look tiny but taller than them. If you feel so stongly about this why don't you say the same thing about Anderson Silva? You already think Silva can beat Jon Jones who has ran through the Light Heavyweight division so Silva would do the same there as well because he is a proven Light Heavy weight beating 2 Light Heavyweights who are not even in the top 10 in there division. I feel if you wanna bash Jon Jones also bash Anderson Silva instead of giving him props because there in the same situation except Jon Jones did it alot faster than Anderson Silva.

Chris..remember ignore? I hope aren't still posting to me

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong. - leedrane - 04-23-2012

Dan is getting old....but is a TRUE pound for pound fighter. He has won titles at WW, LW and LHW, and knocked Fedor out at HW. He has a granite chin and a lot of power. I don't expect him to beat Jones, mainly becuase he has never had the best gas tank in the world, he is usually hit or miss there, but he definitly deserves a shot at the belt.

Jones pretty much gets rocked by any clean shot. He recovers, but he still retreats at any solid strike. Hendo.....hits harder than machida and rashad put together. Jones should train for this fight with a baseball bat.