Beckett Message Boards
Redemption Question - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Redemption Question (/thread-1495761.html)

Pages: 1 2

Redemption Question - dbroockerd - 04-11-2012

If a cards pending redemption with Topps and was supposed to be shipped in February should I call them or anything? Do I just sit back and wait? I am not really one to do redemption cards so this is new to me.

RE: Redemption Question - afff - 04-11-2012

i would call if it was shipped to out in february because it shouldn't take 3 months to get to you

RE: Redemption Question - rad_1205 - 04-11-2012

I would make a call you are talking 8 weeks. I know sometimes they run behind but ive always received mine within 6 weeks maybe 7 but not much longer than that.
(04-11-2012, 10:38 PM)afff Wrote: i would call if it was shipped to out in february because it shouldn't take 3 months to get to you

actually 2 months not 3 may would make it 3

RE: Redemption Question - dbroockerd - 04-11-2012

No its not shipped. It was supposed to be shipped but doesn't show that it was.

RE: Redemption Question - Krangry - 04-11-2012

You can wait it out and see if that person signs, or you can call for a replacement. The date they give is just a guesstimate. I have 2 autos sitting in redemption that im going to call and get replacements for i think.

RE: Redemption Question - tntmclmm - 04-11-2012

I've had some arrive with in a month and others take up to 5 month. It won't hurt to call them. If it's a player you don't care about it may be worth a shot to see if they switch it for something you'll really like. I called them on my last one that was a 2011 Platinum Brett Cecil and they switched it to a 2010 Platinum Brett Cecil. Lucky me.
Anybody like Brett Cecil?

RE: Redemption Question - dbroockerd - 04-11-2012

(04-11-2012, 10:49 PM)tntmclmm Wrote: I've had some arrive with in a month and others take up to 5 month. It won't hurt to call them. If it's a player you don't care about it may be worth a shot to see if they switch it for something you'll really like. I called them on my last one that was a 2011 Platinum Brett Cecil and they switched it to a 2010 Platinum Brett Cecil. Lucky me.
Anybody like Brett Cecil?

Will they tell me what its gonna be traded for? Its just an Aaron Crow X-fractor auto but it would be PC of course.

RE: Redemption Question - elfeo013 - 04-11-2012

I also have a card that should have been shipped in February but still shows as 'pending' I received an email from Topps asking me to either take a replacement or wait it out... I've been waiting it out for 2 months hoping that he would sign during spring training... so frustrating!

I've also heard that if the player doesn't sign, Topps will just send you whatever card they want without asking you, is that right? anyone heard of that?

RE: Redemption Question - tntmclmm - 04-11-2012

No, they won't tell you. If it's going into your pc you may want to hold out a little longer.

RE: Redemption Question - Krangry - 04-11-2012

They send you a card of equal beckett value. Completely random, would be noce if they would let you give them a team at least to go by.