Beckett Message Boards
1,000 Wades and counting... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: 1,000 Wades and counting... (/thread-1494224.html)

Pages: 1 2

1,000 Wades and counting... - marquettewade3 - 03-31-2012

I'm at about 980 and nearing the 1000 mark which made me wonder...
Who do you collect that you have over 1000 of their cards?

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - nickm1123 - 03-31-2012

That is very impressive as wade has only been around since 2003-04. I collect mj and I believe I'm at around 3000 different mjs. Seems impressive but in comparison to how long mj has been around and how many cards he has compared to wade....980 is an impressive total congrats! Would love to see some pics

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - buckunteer - 03-31-2012

(03-31-2012, 05:04 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: That is very impressive as wade has only been around since 2003-04. I collect mj and I believe I'm at around 3000 different mjs. Seems impressive but in comparison to how long mj has been around and how many cards he has compared to wade....980 is an impressive total congrats! Would love to see some pics

+1000 I'm trying to get to 1000 MJs but I'm being pretty specific about what I collect, only cards from when he played with the bulls, so really through 99-00. No Wizards MJs and no newer cards (unless they're relics or if I managed to pull an auto of course haha). I'm only around 700 b/c I've traded for most of the lower-end MJs on here and am now only starting to build up the nicer ones.

I'd love to see some pics as well, and if I ever pull a nice D-Wade I'll know who to go to!

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - crimedawg47 - 03-31-2012

Wow I couldn't believe the headline!!! 1000 Wades, I definitely second what Nick says about that.

Ive got just over 1100 different Kobes Smile

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - Knight - 03-31-2012

Always cool to see another Wade collector, Do you have a photobucket or site with all your cards listed?? I mostly collect his rookie cards as you can see on my site. GL on reaching the 1000 mark!

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - filamuraireborn - 03-31-2012

gratz
i collect bird but it will be hard for me to reach 1k
i don't buy much because i don't have much extra to spend
plus i don't have much trade bait to offer for any trades

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - kesscards - 03-31-2012

Congrats on your pending milestone.

Back when I had basketball player PC's (I sold them about 5 years ago), I had over 2200 different Jordans and around 800 different each of Pippen and Stockton.

Now my PC players are in my sig. It was a good feeling to get to over 2000 different Gwynn cards. I would have significantly more if I included those that were released after he retired. I look at my other PC players as a function of percent complete (they are all in the 70%-85% range). Still trying for 100%. Eventually I will get my 3000 or so basketball up for trade. Still working on the baseball though...

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - kenarm79 - 04-01-2012

Wow. I started to collect Wade a few years ago when he got hurt. Then when he came back all of his cards went up, so I stopped, lol. I have over 1,000 (each) LeBron, Jordan and Kobe cards. I slowed down on my LeBron stuff because I don't collect his Heat cards.

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - hoodauction - 04-01-2012

Hey Thats a AWESOME Collection man!! Im a D. Wade fan and collector as well. But dont have nearly as many as you, i maybe have 100, How many are autographs are out of that 980? Do you count duplicates? I have a card i would like to know what you think of it, how much do you think it might be worth i think i overpaid but w.e my first good player in a 1/1

[Image: SCAN0061.jpg]

RE: 1,000 Wades and counting... - marquettewade3 - 04-01-2012

Thanks for the replies all. I have been collecting him for about 3 years? I bought some of his rookie cards in '06 but never really tried to develop a collection until '09.

Buckunteer: Yes. Always come to me first if you pull a Wade. Even if it's base. If it's a new set especially (such as Hoops) I would prefer to buy them cheaply as a lot.

Knight: I don't have them on a photobucket but I plan to one of these days. I wish Beckett would just let me upload pictures.

Hoodauction: I don't have any duplicates and without counting I believe I have only about 7 autos but a ton of game used (this is what I initially started collection and then branched out to everything) and 20-30? patch cards.

I would have to say my favorite card I own is a 2009-10 Certified Emerald Patch #'d 1/3...
Sorry Hoodauction - forgot to answer your question...

I don't own any 1/1's as they are so expensive but it's one of those things that if you can afford it and it is worth it to you, you can't overpay. I mean, it is literally one of a kind. If you sold it on ebay, I would be willing to bet it would get somewhere around $200-$250. There was just a printing plate 1/1 that sold for $170...