Beckett Message Boards
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam (/thread-1493276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

Mr Swank, thanks for clearing that up. I'll send Monday with DC. I may even video the cards going in the package and the drop, haha.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - PadresFan86 - 03-24-2012

Haha hilarious. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - randall44 - 03-24-2012

First of all , a baseball card is NOT just a piece of cardboard anymore than a diamond is just a rock or a $100 bill is just a piece of paper.

Second, all the guy needs to do is hold up his end and everything will be fine. I don't have a problem with someone putting out a warning on a deal this big. In fact I would say it's good info for others to know.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dontpray - 03-24-2012

I know some people like to offer cards here first to people they know, but a 1000+ card for 500 when you know you can get the 1000 on eBay? I have bought cards here that would sell on the bag but that is just stupid.

Also I have a year with 200+ trades but I would expect people to wonder if I all of a sudden posted super high end. Nobody is saying you are a crappy trader if you don't have 500 or great if you do. That seemed like an off hand comment that people focused on.

Ok I'm rambling.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - franciscomarina - 03-24-2012

Not to be on any side. I had big family problems from my parents side an from my now ex-wife last year. That didn't made me make mistakes by sending an empty case, specially with such a valuable card. Those cards are the ones that I really make sure that everything is correct. Go through a few times, before I even close the envelope. It is so hard to think that you forget to send a $1,000+ card. Then we found out that he sold the same card to 2 persons. Hopefully, he try to clear everything out, because he won't be in a good situation.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - PadresFan86 - 03-24-2012

Maybe he has 2 of the same card lol

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - MrSwankTank21 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:11 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Mr Swank, thanks for clearing that up. I'll send Monday with DC. I may even video the cards going in the package and the drop, haha.

Hahaha. Thanks Derek. Glad we could get that fixed up. Thanks for the card.

Hope all this crap gets worked out man!

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - giants1957 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:13 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Haha hilarious. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

can you imagine if it was you? :p

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:15 PM)dontpray Wrote: I know some people like to offer cards here first to people they know, but a 1000+ card for 500 when you know you can get the 1000 on eBay? I have bought cards here that would sell on the bag but that is just stupid.

Also I have a year with 200+ trades but I would expect people to wonder if I all of a sudden posted super high end. Nobody is saying you are a crappy trader if you don't have 500 or great if you do. That seemed like an off hand comment that people focused on.

Ok I'm rambling.

Now see I've dealt with this guy (dontpray) a million times too. Hell we have each others phone number. That's trading you can trust. I've learned my lesson. I will be very very cautious of anyone anymore. I hate that it comes to that but I never dreamed Jake was gonna pull this.

If anyone does ever wanna chat cards I am not afraid to talk on the phone. I am the real deal, honest hard working, with a family. This is a passion (if you haven't noticed). I've collected since I was a kid. I sell when in need and buy when I can as well. When I die they may lay my butt to rest in the Topps Vault for gosh sakes. This has just left a sour taste in my mouth that makes me wanna quit cards all together. Why do guys have to do this? The hobby is fun whether your collecting huge name autos or bad of your favorite team. For guys like this it's no longer a hobby.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - cptnemo66 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:18 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Maybe he has 2 of the same card lol

bah... if so he would have ripped off 4 people.....