Beckett Message Boards
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam (/thread-1493276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - german_verman - 03-24-2012

I just think this whole situation is messed up. I personally take great pride in making sure that my trades are completed fairly and that the person I trade with, buy from or sell to is happy with the results. I just think crap like this gives people a sour taste in their mouths and makes you wonder every time you decide to pull the trigger on a deal. Derek I am sorry to hear this happen to you but I also think we need to hear jakes side of the story no matter what because, even though there is a veryyy slim chance of this but, maybe it was a mistake.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

Has anyone done a Reverse Address Look Up? I just did. The address he uses is under a females name Vanessa F. I don't know if its legal to post the name so I will just leave the last initial but you can all look for yourself. The question is is the chick related or what cause she has to be getting cards.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - 86champs - 03-24-2012

you know by now he/she has created another Beckett account to watch this thread. Creepy but its true.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

Can Beckett check IP addresses?
(03-24-2012, 10:41 PM)german_verman Wrote: I just think this whole situation is messed up. I personally take great pride in making sure that my trades are completed fairly and that the person I trade with, buy from or sell to is happy with the results. I just think crap like this gives people a sour taste in their mouths and makes you wonder every time you decide to pull the trigger on a deal. Derek I am sorry to hear this happen to you but I also think we need to hear jakes side of the story no matter what because, even though there is a veryyy slim chance of this but, maybe it was a mistake.

Once I found out he sold to 2 guys the same card. I know longer felt an accident was even a possibility.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - cmurphy342 - 03-24-2012

Kind of scary that he has all of our addresses he has done trades with. Could lead to other topes of fraud.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - chrisa19978 - 03-24-2012

All I can say now is wow this has made a turn for the worst and I am starting to think his whole situation was a scam. Make me wonder if he even has a wife right now or if she really has any problems as people said he logged on and I know I email him with probably a ton of others and no one was emailed back and he has yet to respond to the post. I am going to check my paypal and see what his email was for when he bought cards off of me to see if maybe he has a few paypal accounts as well.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - 86champs - 03-24-2012

Might as well make this a sticky with all the traffic it's getting Smile

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Krangry - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 10:48 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Can Beckett check IP addresses?

Once I found out he sold to 2 guys the same card. I know longer felt an accident was even a possibility.

I wish i would have known this before i made my earlier post. This whole situation makes me appreciate the good traders ive had.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - jdberia - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 10:41 PM)german_verman Wrote: ... I also think we need to hear jakes side of the story no matter what because, even though there is a veryyy slim chance of this but, maybe it was a mistake.

If he hasn't jumped on here to tell his side yet, he isn't going to.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - shivelycore - 03-24-2012

I traded with him two weeks ago. I joked to my girlfriend that he couldn't be real because he was in Wyoming and no one ever knows any actual people from Wyoming.