Beckett Message Boards
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam (/thread-1493276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - rybowski97 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 10:12 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Address is Wyoming.

He goes by Jake, mails from the name Raven who he claims to be his wife and Paypal comes from a Tim with a different last name.

what a dbag....did he just all of a sudden have all these diff names or did u not pay much attention to it until now. this is red flags all over man.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 10:19 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: what a dbag....did he just all of a sudden have all these diff names or did u not pay much attention to it until now. this is red flags all over man.

Well he always had the mail coming raven and shipped to raven but said it was his wife's name and she was always home so it was easier in case she had to sign etc. I really questioned it but he'll he established himself big time. When the Paypal happened he said the only Paypal was his sons account but the address matched so I thought he was honest. Heck why wouldn't I?

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - edurxman - 03-24-2012

This is extremely sad. Jake had a great reputation on the boards. I wouldn't have thought twice about trading with him. I hope everyone gets their money back in this deal.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - bunk27 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 10:22 PM)edurxman Wrote: This is extremely sad. Jake had a great reputation on the boards. I wouldn't have thought twice about trading with him. I hope everyone gets their money back in this deal.

yeah, and i hope he gets punished by law accordingly.

(03-24-2012, 10:18 PM)giants1957 Wrote: hey derek.....did you get my cards today?

Yes I did. I got a lot of people's cards yesterday and today. I am on an iPad and only leave feedback from the computer so there are no accidental negatives. I'll try to do that tonight for everyone.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - tperks76 - 03-24-2012

Yeah he logged in a little over an hour ago and didn't respond to the thread. That about sums up what his intentions were if anyone had any question left

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - giants1957 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 10:23 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Yes I did. I got a lot of people's cards yesterday and today. I am on an iPad and only leave feedback from the computer so there are no accidental negatives. I'll try to do that tonight for everyone.

ok ....just wondering.....i sent my trade to jake the same time as yours, so i guess he has mines as well

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - TheHammer417 - 03-24-2012

Ouch that sucks. I almost did a trade with him but it fell through. I hope everything works out for you ok.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - rybowski97 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 10:22 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Well he always had the mail coming raven and shipped to raven but said it was his wife's name and she was always home so it was easier in case she had to sign etc. I really questioned it but he'll he established himself big time. When the Paypal happened he said the only Paypal was his sons account but the address matched so I thought he was honest. Heck why wouldn't I?

I know i guess for us honest people who would never do something like this, its hard to imagine others pulling a stunt like this. He will get his in the end im sure. Hopefully it was a dumb mistake but i dont think so. I also recall his thread from tribute break stating he was upset when he first saw the darvish cause eh didnt know who it was. Is there anyone who has opened that product not specifically looking/ hoping for darvish???

Guys be sure to keep this updated if cards do arrive to any of you. I for sure wanna know if anyone's package comes in without cards in it like mine.

I honestly don't feel like he got me near as bad as many of you may have gotten it. I lost money that is likely gonna be recovered. To many of us this hobby isn't just cardboard. Many of you lost cards that may NEVER be recovered. I'd be way more ticked at that myself.

Good luck to all! We will get this guy, maybe not the cards but I won't rest until I get the guy. I might just take me a road trip. His address must be some what legit. He always gets our cards.