Beckett Message Boards
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam (/thread-1493276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - kata78 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 09:30 PM)giants1957 Wrote: +1......it was like a set up date for him to do this and this was my first trade with him because i always see him on these boards ......how many of you traders have a trade in progress with jake?

I have a $60 trade with him in smaller cards. It's only $60 compared to what you other guys are going through but reading all these threads is getting me super pissed off......I can't believe this. I mean....who do you trust.....he has a bunch of trades, great feedback. This is just depressing......

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - jdberia - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 09:57 PM)northflacards Wrote: I just read through the entire 14 pages to see if he replied at all. Damn.

No joke. I keep checking back in to see the next post.

Derek, I really hate that this has happened to you. Hopefully it works out good some way or the other for you.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - MrSwankTank21 - 03-24-2012

He owes me a Stan Musial 2012 Topps Tribute auto /99. Said he busted it open out of the box. I sent him $30 in paypal and a 2011 Topps 60 Starlin Castro auto. I hope to God that I get his end of the deal in the mail on Monday. He was always such a good guy to me.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - giants1957 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 09:53 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: +1

but its better than losing a high value card......not everytime a high value card will be on these boards

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - rybowski97 - 03-24-2012

since everyone from this site has been following this thread, is there anyone out there interested in making me a david wright super collector banner. ill do a trade in your favor. thanks goodness the kids are asleep and the cpu is free, this is going to be interesting in jake shows up. anyone know where he is from?

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

Guys I just got home. This has taken a turn for the worst for sure. I gotta hand it to him. He planned it out well. I mean waiting for a huge hit like this to get all these people. I feel like a moron. He never had cards lie this then suddenly he has all these great cards. I really thought he was one of those that hid his PC and with all his wife's issues (if she has issues) he needed the money bad.

For the record, I only sent $350 and the rest I owed hadn't been paid yet. The felony level is $750 according to the detectives I have spoken too. Although as stated before mail fraud is HUGE. Plus Paypal has investigators that will take him down.

Anyone who he scammed with Paypal needs to file a dispute quick, the more the better and it will help us all get our money back I think.

On the subject of a mod handling high-end. I doubt that happens but guys I would gladly be the guy that handles them if anyone needs me. I'll post my cell and anything you need. I won't allow this to happen if I can help it. NO CHARGE

(03-24-2012, 09:59 PM)86champs Wrote: Grab a beer and some popcorn he might show up lol

+1.....to check his PM's.....i bet its flooded

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 10:09 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: since everyone from this site has been following this thread, is there anyone out there interested in making me a david wright super collector banner. ill do a trade in your favor. thanks goodness the kids are asleep and the cpu is free, this is going to be interesting in jake shows up. anyone know where he is from?

Address is Wyoming.

He goes by Jake, mails from the name Raven who he claims to be his wife and Paypal comes from a Tim with a different last name.

(03-24-2012, 10:11 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Guys I just got home. This has taken a turn for the worst for sure. I gotta hand it to him. He planned it out well. I mean waiting for a huge hit like this to get all these people. I feel like a moron. He never had cards lie this then suddenly he has all these great cards. I really thought he was one of those that hid his PC and with all his wife's issues (if she has issues) he needed the money bad.

For the record, I only sent $350 and the rest I owed hadn't been paid yet. The felony level is $750 according to the detectives I have spoken too. Although as stated before mail fraud is HUGE. Plus Paypal has investigators that will take him down.

Anyone who he scammed with Paypal needs to file a dispute quick, the more the better and it will help us all get our money back I think.

On the subject of a mod handling high-end. I doubt that happens but guys I would gladly be the guy that handles them if anyone needs me. I'll post my cell and anything you need. I won't allow this to happen if I can help it. NO CHARGE

hey derek.....did you get my cards today?

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - bunk27 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 09:52 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: That would be an escrow service. Beckett would have to charge a fee. Would be a new business Beckett would have to set up. And seeing the way they run this one.... Im not to quick to buy into that idea lol.....

great idea, but +1 on beckett can't handle that correctly