Beckett Message Boards
So....should I be worried? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Beckett Grading Services (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Beckett Grading Services (BGS) (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: So....should I be worried? (/thread-1493081.html)

Pages: 1 2

So....should I be worried? - todd24 - 03-22-2012

I mailed off my cards to be grade on Feb 24th. My gf called last Friday (March 16th) to see if my cards had been received and the lady who answered the phone couldnt determine if my cards had arrived since I didn't have the tracking number Sad. I haven't been charged for the service on my debit card. Do you guys know how I can determine if Beckett received my cards? Thanks.

RE: So....should I be worried? - jchavestx - 03-22-2012

Hard to tell since you dont have a DC#. Just keep calling.

RE: So....should I be worried? - wthishappening - 03-22-2012

It depends...what type of service did you request? 2, 5, 10, 20 day?

RE: So....should I be worried? - creativemunky - 03-23-2012

I depends on the service level (assuming 20 days).
I HANDED mine in on the 3rd to a rep from Texas, here in Philadelphia. I am due to have the service completed on the 30th according to the 20 days schedule.
I haven't received an email or been charged either.
I just emailed a customer rep and she confirm (I believe) that they were there. I just asked tonight again, should hear back in the afternoon.

RE: So....should I be worried? - creativemunky - 03-26-2012

Any update?

RE: So....should I be worried? - todd24 - 04-10-2012

Yeah now I'm worried. I called yesterday, April 9th and they would have to call me back. They called me back an hour later and said they had no record of my shipment....

This is terrible..the first time I've ever sent cards to be graded after collecting for years when I was younger and just now getting back into it. I used what I felt would be the premier service in "Beckett." I really didn't have any worries on tracking the order and such. I figured I would just patiently wait but now I'm definitely concerned. Of course the post office is no help. They were even condescending saying "I bet you sent them something expensive didn't you!"

So..mailed it off on Feb. 24th for 45 day service. Apr 10th and they have no record of the package Sad

RE: So....should I be worried? - gangstippie - 04-10-2012

Why would you not use a tracking number???? It's all you have when the package doesn't get where it's supposed to go.

ALWAYS use some sort of tracking.

I do hope they come up somewhere.

RE: So....should I be worried? - todd24 - 04-12-2012

Yeah I suppose I expected to not have to deal with any such problems due to the legacy of Beckett.

Anyway, maybe this isn't appropriate but I mailed off some cards to GMA this past Saturday (April 7th) and got them back today (April 12) using their 5-day service for $2 a card and regular ground shipping.

RE: So....should I be worried? - sonic311 - 04-12-2012

(04-12-2012, 03:07 PM)todd24 Wrote: Yeah I suppose I expected to not have to deal with any such problems due to the legacy of Beckett.

Anyway, maybe this isn't appropriate but I mailed off some cards to GMA this past Saturday (April 7th) and got them back today (April 12) using their 5-day service for $2 a card and regular ground shipping.

What does Beckett have to do with tracking your package?
That's the responsibility of the Post Office or Shipping company.
I've submitted cards for grading 23 times and never had a problem. I use FedEx with tracking and they always arrive safely both ways.
I hope you recover your cards.

RE: So....should I be worried? - pwskelly - 04-12-2012

(04-12-2012, 03:07 PM)todd24 Wrote: Yeah I suppose I expected to not have to deal with any such problems due to the legacy of Beckett.

Beckett has done a lot of stupid things starting with this blasted website but you cannot blame them for losing your cards. That's your fault, you should have used delivery confirmation and insured your cards (assuming you felt they were worth something).

Second of all, you sent cards to GMA? Oh brother .....