Beckett Message Boards
Check Out My Cards.com - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Check Out My Cards.com (/thread-1491508.html)

Pages: 1 2

Check Out My Cards.com - marquettewade3 - 03-13-2012

Just curious if anyone has tried selling or currently sells on the checkoutmycards.com website. Is it worth it? Thanks!

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - filamuraireborn - 03-13-2012

(03-13-2012, 09:56 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: Just curious if anyone has tried selling or currently sells on the checkoutmycards.com website. Is it worth it? Thanks!

Never sold anything but I registered for an account. COMC is currently in my Bookmarks Menu and it is set on Larry Bird with the Print Run Filter. I am gonna buy from them in the near future. They are one of the best site for collectors to buy and sell and the system is very User Friendly.

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - shezdoni - 03-14-2012

(03-13-2012, 09:56 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: Just curious if anyone has tried selling or currently sells on the checkoutmycards.com website. Is it worth it? Thanks!

you have to remember they have a totally different setup, than any other place you would sell at.

You have to send them the cards, they scan them, look up the BV, and list them, and the condition they are in when received, you set the price, then if someone buy's one, they send the card/cards to them, they charge no fee's to buy or sell, but the only issue store credits for sale's, if you want cash for the store credits, they take 20%

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - djohn - 03-14-2012

(03-14-2012, 12:45 AM)shezdoni Wrote: you have to remember they have a totally different setup, than any other place you would sell at.

You have to send them the cards, they scan them, look up the BV, and list them, and the condition they are in when received, you set the price, then if someone buy's one, they send the card/cards to them, they charge no fee's to buy or sell, but the only issue store credits for sale's, if you want cash for the store credits, they take 20%

They charge you to send in your cards and a monthly storage fee, so they do in essence charge you to sell (or at least to list cards, as even if they don't sell they still charge you those fees). They even charge extra if the card you send in is damaged and requires them to add a disclaimer regarding the damage. They just don't charge a per sale fee. So there are pluses and minuses to selling through them. Personally I haven't sold anything there but I do buy quite a bit.

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - xstreaminsanity - 03-14-2012

(03-14-2012, 11:43 AM)djohn Wrote: They charge you to send in your cards and a monthly storage fee, so they do in essence charge you to sell (or at least to list cards, as even if they don't sell they still charge you those fees). They even charge extra if the card you send in is damaged and requires them to add a disclaimer regarding the damage. They just don't charge a per sale fee. So there are pluses and minuses to selling through them. Personally I haven't sold anything there but I do buy quite a bit.

What he said. Also, I think there is even an extra charge if they have to do something special to scan it? Like putting it in a top loader, because it takes more time. I thought about selling on there 2-3 years ago, but when I added up what the cost would be to send in the cards (shipping) have them scan them and list them, I wouldn't see my money until I started selling stuff, IF my stuff started selling. With their set up, you pay most of what you'd need to up front and hope to reap the benefits later. It's a brilliant setup on their part. Smile

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - djohn - 03-14-2012

(03-14-2012, 11:57 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: What he said. Also, I think there is even an extra charge if they have to do something special to scan it? Like putting it in a top loader, because it takes more time.
Actually the charge is $0.05 per card to take it out of a top loader, as they want all cards shipped to them without top loaders. They want the cards sent in penny sleeves or raw. So you have to be extra careful when shipping cards to them so there isn't any damage in transit.

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - filamuraireborn - 03-14-2012

I've read that in COMC, the vintage base cards are very popular to buyers and the modern base cards are very popular to the flippers. These are for raw cards and not for graded cards. Just wanna share it. Smile

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - kevinr - 03-15-2012

I have been on their website and it may just be me but to me the prices seemed somewhat high. I see where you can submit an offer has anyone tried to offer a lower price for a card and it was excepted?

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - krayzie83 - 03-15-2012

Nice site but shippings a killer on large lots and apparently they dont pay much attention to the condition of their cards... Bought a few nice inserts at $10+ a piece and they have creases and messed up edges that were never noted. My first order was $80+ (and another $28 for shipping Undecided ) most likely I won't be going back.
(03-15-2012, 08:39 AM)kevinr Wrote: I have been on their website and it may just be me but to me the prices seemed somewhat high. I see where you can submit an offer has anyone tried to offer a lower price for a card and it was excepted?

I did, my offer was accepted within the hour but I received a badly damaged card they listed at near-mint..

RE: Check Out My Cards.com - roostersclassics11 - 03-15-2012

If you want to make an offer you have to have credit on the site and if they accept it you own it.I dont think the site is too bad I seem to find the older cards I need on there