Beckett Message Boards
2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+---- Thread: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break (/thread-1490470.html)

Pages: 1 2

2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - bowdency - 03-07-2012

i just want to tell everybody to avoid 2011/12 panini nba hoops. it was the worst looking cards i have ever seen. inserts terrible. nothing exciting. my best card was alridge auto. if you want my advice save your money and buy something else

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - filamuraireborn - 03-07-2012

(03-07-2012, 11:54 AM)bowdency Wrote: i just want to tell everybody to avoid 2011/12 panini nba hoops. it was the worst looking cards i have ever seen. inserts terrible. nothing exciting. my best card was alridge auto. if you want my advice save your money and buy something else

alright...

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - chrisjoy - 03-07-2012

I agree after all these years you would think they would have improved on the product.

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - xstreaminsanity - 03-07-2012

Mind if I ask what you were expecting? The designs have been out for a while. There have been teases all over the place of what the cards would look like. The checklist was out before the product was released. It was known that the auto checklist was big (meaning some scrub names) and that there were no jersey (including patches) cards in this product. Did you buy the product preemptively trying to score a big Kobe AU or something? Most people who will be, or have been, buying this product are set collectors or people who just like to bust wax for fun, like kids. Most people won't come out "on top" of this product.

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - jdetter23 - 03-07-2012

I really think this is a great product for kids.You expect a kid whos 8-10 is going to buy a pack of cards for 20 bucks or one thats 2?They work hard for their money probably or atleast I know I did when I was there ages and I couldnt afford to open Upper Deck but instead half the time had to settle on Hoops or Collectors Choice.

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - jpleazme805 - 03-07-2012

I like the product! the inserts are cool, but not a very good selection as an insert... they should of been subsets instead.. Panini should of had sticker inserts, Supreme Court, or another old Hoops insert.. instead of Magic's All RC Team... maybe, have an All Star Team insert....??

I went to another LCS yesterday in down town San Diego.. no recent basketball.. had a few overpriced Gold Standard.. couldn't see everything, since there was so much junk (collectables) filling the walkway.. I had to ask the guy what boxes he had.. he said he sold out of Hoops.. at $75-80... called a few shops & some were quoting $80-90/box..

I thought Hoops was a low-end product? why do so many people try to upsale boxes??

the huge auto selection from Hoops 2011-12 is nice.. but for wax busters... & average collectors.. buying Hoops boxes is not the way to go.. pick up singles on the secondary market will save you hundreds of dollars for cards you actually want... too bad Panini doesn't get any of that secondary money...

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - quavis - 03-08-2012

I had fun with two boxes already. I can bust a box, not get anything huge, and still be happy about not blowing a ton and chance getting a scrub. I also got a Jeremy Lin Glossy. Thats kinda cool. Plus Landry fields, Udoh, Ed Davis, and Jodie Meeks autos. And the Maverics Champions card that does alright.

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - taffster74 - 03-08-2012

(03-07-2012, 11:54 AM)bowdency Wrote: i just want to tell everybody to avoid 2011/12 panini nba hoops. it was the worst looking cards i have ever seen. inserts terrible. nothing exciting. my best card was alridge auto. if you want my advice save your money and buy something else

What were you expecting, every box to contain a Kobe Auto and to have silver lining? I'm sorry, but you get what you pay for. Everybody who's been in the hobby for years (since the 1990's) knows that hoops is a low-end product. I just hope you are not going to be one of these "investor" types who derides people for posting their low-end pulls from low-end products. If that is your type, I can tell you right now - you will have issues with a lot of people on these boards.

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - alstott9adams - 03-08-2012

product hurts tolook at

RE: 2011/12 panini nba hoops box break - shotsavereboundscore - 03-10-2012

i think its time to stop with the "kids will buy it cuz its cheap" line....kids really dont care about cards.