Beckett Message Boards
Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! (/thread-1489898.html)

Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - mickey7mantle7 - 03-03-2012

This has been there for awhile. I usually go in this Pawn Shop from time to time in hopes of finding some cool stuff for cheap.

This Larry Bird collage was something I finally gave in on. It was marked at 89.99, but dwindled the price down to 25 bucks!

No, there is no cert or COA. I guess someone put this together long ago and was once maybe apart of someone's PC or even in their man cave. It looks legit to me and for 25 dollars, I figured heck yea why not.

The sig didn't come out too well in the scan as it does look a little more BOLD in hand. The light areas in the sig are not faded, just real light on the L and the B. As you can see, the auto was obtained in person on a piece of note paper from the Marriott Hotel from what assume was in Boston hence that's where the ticket stubs were from.

The stubs are from McNichols Arena: Denver Nuggets vs Boston Celtics Feb 17, 1991 at 2:00 p.m.

[Image: LarryBirdautoandtickets6.jpg]

[Image: LarryBirdautoandtickets6-1.jpg]

Thanks for the view! Comments and opinions are of course welcomed.

RE: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - southpaugh2002 - 03-03-2012

(03-03-2012, 09:25 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: This has been there for awhile. I usually go in this Pawn Shop from time to time in hopes of finding some cool stuff for cheap.

This Larry Bird collage was something I finally gave in on. It was marked at 89.99, but dwindled the price down to 25 bucks!

No, there is no cert or COA. I guess someone put this together long ago and was once maybe apart of someone's PC or even in their man cave. It looks legit to me and for 25 dollars, I figured heck yea why not.

The sig didn't come out too well in the scan as it does look a little more BOLD in hand. The light areas in the sig are not faded, just real light on the L and the B. As you can see, the auto was obtained in person on a piece of note paper from the Marriott Hotel from what assume was in Boston hence that's where the ticket stubs were from.

The stubs are from McNichols Arena: Denver Nuggets vs Boston Celtics Feb 17, 1991 at 2:00 p.m.

[Image: LarryBirdautoandtickets6.jpg]

[Image: LarryBirdautoandtickets6-1.jpg]

Thanks for the view! Comments and opinions are of course welcomed.

Very nice, are you going to send it in to get authenicated?

RE: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - mickey7mantle7 - 03-03-2012

Yea eventually...lol. Not sure if it's worth it though. It would probably cost more to get it authenticated than what it's worth..lol

I might try to catch a card grader at a local show or something and have them do it right there for like 10 bucks or something. I think it's real, looks like an auto from that time period from what I researched online. Thanks!

RE: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - filamuraireborn - 03-03-2012

Very nice! I am glad to live and see this thread! Big Grin

RE: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - mickey7mantle7 - 03-03-2012

(03-03-2012, 10:17 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Very nice! I am glad to live and see this thread! Big Grin

I figured you would like filamurair...lol

Trade it to ya if you want? You know who I like.

RE: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - filamuraireborn - 03-04-2012

(03-03-2012, 11:51 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I figured you would like filamurair...lol

Trade it to ya if you want? You know who I like.

Sorry, I'm currently not trading. Who do you like? MJ?

RE: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - mickey7mantle7 - 03-04-2012

(03-04-2012, 10:06 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Sorry, I'm currently not trading. Who do you like? MJ?

YEs sir, MJ is the only way! lol

RE: Local PAWN SHOP find! Let me know what you think!! - filamuraireborn - 03-04-2012

(03-04-2012, 12:49 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: YEs sir, MJ is the only way! lol

lol