Beckett Message Boards
Question for super collectors - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Question for super collectors (/thread-1489631.html)

Question for super collectors - ELevin99 - 03-02-2012

Finally trying to track down the missing singles for my Braun PC and I am wondering the best way to keep up with what you are missing.

Is there a way to export Beckett's listings into excel so you can mark off what you have? Or do you guys just list out in a spreadsheet what you have or what you need?

RE: Question for super collectors - nolan5000 - 03-02-2012

(03-02-2012, 12:49 PM)ELevin99 Wrote: Finally trying to track down the missing singles for my Braun PC and I am wondering the best way to keep up with what you are missing.

Is there a way to export Beckett's listings into excel so you can mark off what you have? Or do you guys just list out in a spreadsheet what you have or what you need?

I think if you pay for ORG, you can print it off. Not entirely sure on that, though.

RE: Question for super collectors - filamuraireborn - 03-02-2012

(03-02-2012, 12:49 PM)ELevin99 Wrote: Finally trying to track down the missing singles for my Braun PC and I am wondering the best way to keep up with what you are missing.

check this out: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1489300.html

RE: Question for super collectors - captdolo - 03-02-2012

Yes you can get a complete list. If you search for "Ryan Braun" and click on his name you will be able to get a PDF type list of every card...

To get that into excel... hit control A , Contorl C to copy al lthe date from the PDF and then paste it into Excel, it will look messy at first, but if you are decent with Excel you can clean it up.

For David Wright, I fitered and eleted all 1/1 cards, bacause if I ever come across a 1/1... I know I dont have it. I took all of the remaining cards and made a separate tab for each year. Printed them out and use that as my check list.

I alos try to mirror my paper copy to my beckett org...its a lot of work, but I tihnk I have iy 99.99% matching with about 1050 different david wright cards.

Email me tmiuccio@gmail.com and I will help you with your Braun Checklist.

RE: Question for super collectors - jd2k2003 - 03-02-2012

(03-02-2012, 01:08 PM)captdolo Wrote: Yes you can get a complete list. If you search for "Ryan Braun" and click on his name you will be able to get a PDF type list of every card...

To get that into excel... hit control A , Contorl C to copy al lthe date from the PDF and then paste it into Excel, it will look messy at first, but if you are decent with Excel you can clean it up.

For David Wright, I fitered and eleted all 1/1 cards, bacause if I ever come across a 1/1... I know I dont have it. I took all of the remaining cards and made a separate tab for each year. Printed them out and use that as my check list.

I alos try to mirror my paper copy to my beckett org...its a lot of work, but I tihnk I have iy 99.99% matching with about 1050 different david wright cards.

Email me tmiuccio@gmail.com and I will help you with your Braun Checklist.

I do close to the same thing but just w/ OPG want collection. 1,000 cards seems nice to keep track off. I've got 12.6K going after Griffey stuff but haven't cleaned out the 1/1's.

RE: Question for super collectors - hellsbells - 03-02-2012

I created 2 collections in my ORG for my Carl Edwards cards. One for Wants and 1 for Haves.

Started by going to the search player and on the first screen that comes up (where it shows the count of how many cards) clicked "Add to Org" on the left and put it in one collection.

After marking all the ones I have, sorted by that and moved them all to a Have collection. The remaining ones I marked as 'Want' and 'Trade For' so the yellow star will show up on trades, and renamed the collection Carl Edwards Wants.

Any time I get any Carl cards, I go to the Wants folder, enter them in, and then move them to the Have Folder.

This has worked best for me - just remember that the entry in the "recently Traded" collection should be deleted or you will end up with duplicate listings.

Check threads from TheGreat48 (Will) as he steered me towards this and it has worked great.

Hope this wasn't too convoluted!

RE: Question for super collectors - ELevin99 - 03-02-2012

Thanks for all the help guys and special thanks to Captdolo for sending me that spreadsheet.

RE: Question for super collectors - sstolakis - 03-02-2012

i only have 500 diff bj upton cards and im really good at knowing what i have but i have a notebook with the M&M cards i need writen down and a few other thing like that im chasing i also store pics on my pc divided but auto gu'd 1/1 base then in sub folders i have them by year so if something pops up on they bay or where ever a quick look and i know if i need it