Beckett Message Boards
Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while (/thread-1488103.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - bryandavidknight - 02-21-2012

Well my wife has been battling being bi-poler for a many years now, and her meds usually keep her pretty sane except for a few times every now and then when she kinda wigs out. Well this weekend she got a bad attack (I still really don't know a ton about this as we try not to talk about it) when this happens she is really mean and then can turn to very depressed in an instance. She went to the doctor today and he wanted to put her in the ward for a few days ( yea I know how to pick the crazy ones, but I love her) but we decided against that and she is on a really strong med. for the next few days until she goes back to the doctor on Monday. Her doctor has taken her out of work for at least a week and who knows how long it could be. In the meantime I have to try to cover the bills, not get behind since she is really the bread winner in our household and keep my little girl full time at night. This is all kinda new for me cause I've never been around her like this and I know she loves me and my little girl but when she is in this state of mind we are the ones she is around so the ones who have to deal with her mood. Sorry I am rambling but I just needed to share with someone and this is like a community of people who I can share with, unlike Facebook where we don't want everyone knowing what is going on.
So I guess I won't have any money or time to do any trading for a while although I am sending out 2 trades tonight and I have one more pending.
Just please say a prayer for my wife and me that she get over this quick and we can get back to being a happy family again really soon.

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - beginesj - 02-21-2012

Man sorry to hear about your wife. I will praying for you!!

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - tigersfan76 - 02-21-2012

Prayers going up for you. Hang in there!

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - MrSwankTank21 - 02-21-2012

Hope things get better man!

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - Patrick_cpg - 02-21-2012

DAM, I am real sorry to hear about your wife. I think only good things can come from someone like you who would stand behind someone they love no matter what the issue. I sure hope things get better for her and you. Good luck bro, we will be praying for you.

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - rpspenner - 02-21-2012

Sending my thoughts your way. Mental health is a very tricky thing for us to grasp. I hope your wife is able to turn things around soon. Hang in there.

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - dbroockerd - 02-21-2012

Bryan, my mother battles this as well. Its VERY hard at times. One minute we are doing well and then BOOM she is like someone we don't know. I work for her so this can become a serious issue at times. I have dealt with this for many years. A couple things to remember: 1) When she is in this state she doesn't mean a lot of what is said or happens. Try to let it blow by. 2.) Your child likely can't understand this at any young age. She will take things to heart very easily, try to shield her from these things cause they can have long term affects on their relationship.

Be strong man, and remember its a disease not just an attitude. She has little control over the problem I am sure. We will pray for you and good luck. If you ever need to chat or vent my PM is always open man.

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - edurxman - 02-21-2012

Be strong. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - daytonator - 02-21-2012

Sending prayers your way, really tough to deal with mental issues, meds sometimes are only a bandaid. I hope everything returns to the happy family you had really soon.

RE: Please pray for my wife.. gonna have to step back from trading a while - bryandavidknight - 02-21-2012

THANK YOU EVERYONE for all your support. It really helped just sharing that with everyone. I am keeping my little girl away from her mom as much as possible. It's really hard cause she is such a mommy's girl right now but I have great family who help me around the house and with her while I work late now. Luckily I had figured out long before now that when she gets like this don't take offense to anything she says. I know she really loves me and it will all be worth it in the end. I married her not to run when bad stuff happens but to be with her through the bad and good and thats what I plan on doing. I did sneak in her room and let her know that she had people she didn't even know praying for her. Thanks again guys. Time to go watch some Mickey Mouse and try to get this chick to go to bed for me.