OK, I Give Up.... Help Identify 1968 NFL Auto's - Printable Version
+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Vintage (/forum-59.html)
+---- Forum: Football Cards (/forum-62.html)
+---- Thread: OK, I Give Up.... Help Identify 1968 NFL Auto's (/thread-1482873.html)
OK, I Give Up.... Help Identify 1968 NFL Auto's - jessemerson - 01-25-2012 05:27 PM
I posted this in general Football but it might be more appropriate here in Vintage...
Help. I have these NFL autos but, for the life of me, I cannot figure out WHAT they are. Google? No help.
The players are:
Willie Wood - Packers
Don Perkins - Cowboys
Wayne Walker - Lion's
Dave Osborn - Vikings
Here's some clues.
- Signed in 1968
- Framed, 7.5" x 10.5" overall dimensions.
- NFL teams (not AFL)
- Real Kodak photographs (these were probably expensive to make)
- Limited production, with COA.
- Two player signatures. (On front, and COA on back).
I tried Google search terms like:
- 1968 NFL autograph picture / photo
- "Certification Of Genuineness" NFL
- Vintage Framed NFL Photo Autograph
I have a few thoughts which may, or may not be accurate.
- Too limited to be a Season Ticket Holder perk.
- Multiple teams would indicate NFL 'front office' origin.
- The earliest examples of Certified Memorabilia/autos I'm aware of.
Here's the pics. Any thoughts are appreciated. If anyone can confirm that one of these photos was also used on a particular card, or a Team Issue Photograph, it would go a long way torward identifying them. Thanks, Beckett.