Beckett Message Boards
Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-9.html)
+---- Thread: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks (/thread-1482509.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - ronfir - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 07:06 PM)arock99 Wrote: well thats strange...i have the exact same number Smile

Okay, lets see you with a picture of you holding your card with the same number and I will get the card from my bank box tomorrow and post a picture of me holding my card.

Let's call each other out!

Deal????????

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - arock99 - 01-24-2012

Guys i just want to point out i was kidding....i actually thought ronfir was kidding considering where the thread was going....

i do not own any non-hockey cards in my collection other than a Upper Ice bone but even that was from a hockey product

The best 1/1 i have is the one of Taylor Hall i posted a couple of weeks back

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - rippinwax - 01-25-2012

(01-24-2012, 09:08 AM)ronfir Wrote: Well all I can say is "your card" would go great with this one from my collection:

[Image: CutAutos003.jpg]

Would make a great pair!

Just thinking if I owned a card that nice I would definitely have it in a holder well protected, but that is just me.

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - ronfir - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 01:32 AM)rippinwax Wrote: Just thinking if I owned a card that nice I would definitely have it in a holder well protected, but that is just me.

rippinwax:

What I have learned to do is to scan my cards first before placing them in a holder. So yes, the Wagner is in a holder and in my bank box.

Hopefully I am going to make it the bank and take some more pictures of my cards to show that I actually have what I say I do.

Here are some examples of where I scanned the cards in the holder and personally I like scans outside of the holder better. That is why I have changed the way I scan. That plus using a new computer and scanner.

Cards in holders:

[Image: UpperDeckWalterPaytonAuto-1.jpg]
[Image: BabeRuthJumboJersey76-95.jpg]
[Image: RogerClemensLaundryTag1of1.jpg]
[Image: 07WayneGretzkyTrilogyIceScriptsAuto.jpg]
[Image: ToppsGretzkyRookieCard.jpg]
[Image: 2002MJTributesMichaelJordanAuto0-1.jpg]
[Image: 1997-98UDMichaelJordanJersey-1.jpg]
[Image: 2004-05LeBronJamesAutoPatch11-50.jpg]
[Image: SPAuthenticTigerWoodsScorecardAuto.jpg]

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - bonnev659 - 01-25-2012

very nice pulls Ron congrats

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - iluvladies5015 - 01-25-2012

Awesome pulls. I agree it is a lot better to scan the cards when they are not in a holder.

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - rippinwax - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 09:21 AM)ronfir Wrote: rippinwax:

What I have learned to do is to scan my cards first before placing them in a holder. So yes, the Wagner is in a holder and in my bank box.

Hopefully I am going to make it the bank and take some more pictures of my cards to show that I actually have what I say I do.

Here are some examples of where I scanned the cards in the holder and personally I like scans outside of the holder better. That is why I have changed the way I scan. That plus using a new computer and scanner.

Cards in holders:

[Image: UpperDeckWalterPaytonAuto-1.jpg]
[Image: BabeRuthJumboJersey76-95.jpg]
[Image: RogerClemensLaundryTag1of1.jpg]
[Image: 07WayneGretzkyTrilogyIceScriptsAuto.jpg]
[Image: ToppsGretzkyRookieCard.jpg]
[Image: 2002MJTributesMichaelJordanAuto0-1.jpg]
[Image: 1997-98UDMichaelJordanJersey-1.jpg]
[Image: 2004-05LeBronJamesAutoPatch11-50.jpg]
[Image: SPAuthenticTigerWoodsScorecardAuto.jpg]

Impressive collection!

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - azicet - 01-25-2012

How long have you been collecting?

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - ronfir - 01-25-2012

I am off to the bank to take some pictures but before leaving I thought I would post one more story.

Last year I watched several breaks of Luxury Suite and was not impressed with the value for the cost of a box or case. So I was not going to buy any of the product.

I went to Triple Cards to buy some football product and the owner Al had one box left of Luxury Suite. I asked if anything good had come out of the case and he said no, nothing of note.

The box had been in his store for sometime and it appeared nobody was going to buy the last box. I did not want to buy the box but I told him if he would open the box I would buy a pack.

He said, sure since nobody was buying the box, he would pack it out to get it out the door.

I bought only one pack and this was in the pack:

[Image: 7-1-11-1.jpg]

It truly was a one pack wonder.

Thanks

RE: Limited, Series 1 UD and Black Diamond breaks - bonnev659 - 01-25-2012

very nice hall