Beckett Message Boards
Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone still collect 80's rookies? (/thread-1481959.html)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - goldenboy - 01-20-2012

I remember when I sold my collection back in the early 90's my wife (now ex) couldn't believe that anyone would pay that much for my baseball cards. Now, single I have decided to buy all of my collection back. I love the fact I'm getting my cards back for 10 cents on the dollar. I care less that they are worthless but to me its cool having them back.

In the last few days I have read almost everythread on this board and have had a blast watching some of the cards you guys pull. I swore I wouldn't get caught up in the new cards but you guys have changed my mind.

RE: Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - ricelynnevans75 - 01-20-2012

I'm thinking of going back and picking up the key RC's, and possibly some that used to be key but are now not so much just for nostalgia reasons.

RE: Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - roostersclassics11 - 01-20-2012

Let me know what sets you are working on I have 1000's from 86 up and a little of the 82-86 working on getting them in the org now

RE: Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - beatles guy - 01-20-2012

(01-20-2012, 03:20 PM)goldenboy Wrote: I remember when I sold my collection back in the early 90's my wife (now ex) couldn't believe that anyone would pay that much for my baseball cards. Now, single I have decided to buy all of my collection back. I love the fact I'm getting my cards back for 10 cents on the dollar. I care less that they are worthless but to me its cool having them back.

In the last few days I have read almost everythread on this board and have had a blast watching some of the cards you guys pull. I swore I wouldn't get caught up in the new cards but you guys have changed my mind.

I own most of the key RC's of the 80's. In fact, I have a graded '85 Topps Puckett on the way now.

RE: Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - alfredoleal2001 - 01-20-2012

(01-20-2012, 03:20 PM)goldenboy Wrote: I remember when I sold my collection back in the early 90's my wife (now ex) couldn't believe that anyone would pay that much for my baseball cards. Now, single I have decided to buy all of my collection back. I love the fact I'm getting my cards back for 10 cents on the dollar. I care less that they are worthless but to me its cool having them back.

I just got the last one of these to complete the 4 card old fashioned rainbow lol...... 82 donruss was the last one

[Image: Ripkenrookies-1.jpg]

old school Cal love it i got a bunch of Cal's not sure what i am going to do with them yet.I inherited them probably will get the rookies graded.I love the Older cards good times

RE: Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - goldenboy - 01-20-2012

Hey Roost I'm just picking up rookies. I lost the house in the divorce and don't have room to build sets Smile

Beatles guy, I'm new to the grading. I see a few different companies that grade and are they all reguarded as the same?

Alfredo, I WANT that Ripken traded! Thats the one rookie of his I never owned. Been close a few times picking one up on Ebay but haven't pulled the trigger....yet.

I might have an extra traded we can work a deal on and let me know what rookies I have tons of cards

RE: Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - phillies816 - 01-21-2012

I do pick them up here and there when possible. I actually enjoy getting them more than more recent years RCs. Grabbed a few Canseco RCs for next to nothing. Those were cards I couldn't afford when I was a kid. Brings back alot of good memories.

RE: Anyone still collect 80's rookies? - chevy man 22 - 01-21-2012

yeah I've also been stocking up on anything pre-1986 as far as the key RC's like Ripken, Mattingly, Puckett, etc.... even got a Munson a while back for a great price. You have to watch the auctions close but you can find really good deals especially if you are willing to stay up late. The vast majority of my great deals have come on stuff ending at 2 and 3 am when hardly anyone is on paying attention.