Beckett Message Boards
Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma (/thread-1472852.html)

Pages: 1 2

Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - elfeo013 - 01-04-2012

I'm a die hard Angels fan and here's my dilemma.

I recently got a Mike Trout 2011 Bowman Sterling Black Auto #/25. I don't own any Pujols auto and would like to buy one once one comes out with him in an Angels uniform. I just don't know if I should sell my Trout auto so that the Pujols auto doesn't hit my pocket that bad. Now, the problem with me selling Trout is that he's the best Angels prospect in forever and he's ranked ahead of Bryce Harper, which is the only thing holding me back from selling.

What do you think, sell Trout (what if he flops) and use that money to get a Pujols auto or just hang on to the Trout auto and buy a Pujols auto and have both? All comments will be appreciated, thank you.

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - Patrick_cpg - 01-04-2012

I would sell only if you can get a higher end Pujols auto.

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - zeprock - 01-04-2012

Mike Trout, the top prospect from the same franchise that gave us Tim Salmon? Something sounds fishy here.

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - mikmouse24 - 01-04-2012

(01-04-2012, 01:50 PM)nlsn200 Wrote: hold on to it and save up for pujols you will be kicking yourself if he does go big

chances are- if you want to project value...no one will come close to pujol's consistency...Buy low sell high...sell that trout- even if he DOES breakout. ill put my $ on him not being as amazing and consistent as 'the machine'
(01-04-2012, 01:55 PM)zeprock Wrote: Mike Trout, the top prospect from the same franchise that gave us Tim Salmon? Something sounds fishy here.

touche'!

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - rob024420 - 01-04-2012

I would hold onto the Trout. I don't believe that he has hit his peak selling potential. Save up and buy the Pujols. You will be happy to have both. JMO

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - elfeo013 - 01-04-2012

(01-04-2012, 02:10 PM)rob024420 Wrote: I would hold onto the Trout. I don't believe that he has hit his peak selling potential. Save up and buy the Pujols. You will be happy to have both. JMO

when do you think Trout will reach his peak selling potential?

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - rob024420 - 01-04-2012

(01-04-2012, 02:20 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: when do you think Trout will reach his peak selling potential?

Just in my opinion, and I'm no pro or anything but that would depend on how much playing time he gets, how good of a start he has, and if the Angels make the playoffs, World Series etc. I think it's almost one of those darned if you do or darned if you don't type deals. What I mean by that is, lets say for example he starts off on fire at the beginning of next year his cards will probably be at there peak...so you sell...then 7 months later the Angels make the playoffs and he hits a hot streak it will probably sell even higher and then you can say "I should have waited". If I was you and I was looking to sell at the peak, I would determine a value that I wanted for the card and not accept anything less than that for it. That way if it doesn't sell you still have a prized card for your collection and if it does sell you are happy with what you get in return for it. I hope all of this makes sense and helps you out with your dilemma.

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - bigt314 - 01-04-2012

If you are a fan of the team and like both guys I would hold on to the Trout and save up for a Pujols auto. I agree with others that have said you might be sorry if you sell the Trout.

Good luck with your decision.

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - MrSwankTank21 - 01-04-2012

I would say if you can afford to hold onto the Trout and then buy a Pujols, to do that. Prospects are so iffy when it comes to if they will hit it big or not. You could sell now and make some money, hold onto it and have its value rise OR fall. But in my opinion, I would hold onto it, buy that Pujols, and pray Trout does work in the majors.

RE: Albert Pujols / Mike Trout Dilemma - Sajman01 - 01-04-2012

I would not sell the Trout. He's not Tim Salmon, he's more like Tim Marlin.