Beckett Message Boards
OT- Feedback for thought. - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: OT- Feedback for thought. (/thread-1471378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

OT- Feedback for thought. - talkntribe - 12-26-2011

Just a thought:

How many people have received a less than perfect feedback score on a trade for being honest about a deal made. I think its wrong for people to hold feedback until they receive theirs first. Which tells me,they are worried about what they may receive. I for one will leave feedback soon as received. If the item looks good,and arrived safe then i'm happy.

Ive never given anyone a less than perfect feedback. Did all of them deserve it? no,but I did because of the fear of retalliation.(Things like Missing Cards,Wrong Cards,and Damaged Cards,Poor Communication,etc.All with ignored responses or failure to correct the issues)I feel like I can't let it be known because i'll get a bad score out of anger.I try my best to build reputation and to keep and maintain my perfect score.

So.. My idea for beckett is this- Beckett should put a feature that doesn't show feedback for trades until both parties have left their experiences. Meaning, I can't see that "a" left me a feedback before I leave him one,and vice versa.

RE: OT- Beckett should update feedback process - jnjbj - 12-26-2011

+1 I leave feedback as soon as I receive my end. If the other trader is unhappy I replace the cards if contacted, and I will do the same. Reputation is everything, and there are a lot of traders who hold it for ransom unfortunately.

RE: OT- Beckett should update feedback process - ceocards - 12-26-2011

First of all it won't happen...for legal reasons Beckett has disclaimed all liability with regards to trading.

But just to play along...what would your solution solve?

If someone was worried about getting a bad feedback on any given transaction, they simply wouldn't leave feedback, thus preventing any feedback from showing.

RE: OT- Beckett should update feedback process - talkntribe - 12-26-2011

(12-26-2011, 05:35 PM)ceocards Wrote: But just to play along...what would your solution solve?

If someone was worried about getting a bad feedback on any given transaction, they simply wouldn't leave feedback, thus preventing any feedback from showing.

I disagree. I would rather not get any feedback for a transaction than to get a false rating. Think about it for a second.

How would you feel if we did a trade,and you left me a less than perfect fb for whatever reason and I went and gave you a negative score just because i was mad. Would I get banned because you are a mod? I mean,it wouldn't upset you? Or me say, hey i'll leave the feedback once i get yours in. Especially if I knew there was an issue and I failed to correct it.

I know nothing will change and beckett wont do anything for whatever excuse. Its my opinion,and sometimes it feels good to vent. Not everyone will agree,and thats okay with me. Happy Holidays,Ceo!

RE: OT- Beckett should update feedback process - mgruber2 - 12-26-2011

I agree with you!

RE: OT- Beckett should update feedback process - slufan83 - 12-26-2011

Yea it annoys me when people wait to leave feedback. I always ship promptly and there have been many times the person I traded got their side first and waited until I got my stuff and left feedback before they did. Not saying they are the type to retaliate, but it sure looks suspect. If you receive your end just fine then just leave feedback. 99% of the people here will contact you if there is an issue and talk about a resolution to avoid bad feedback. There really is no excuse to not leave feedback immediately after you receive your end of a trade if there was no issue.

RE: OT- Beckett should update feedback process - jnjbj - 12-26-2011

I agree. There should be no reason why someone should have to wait to leave feedback, or have me send them a message asking them to leave the feedback. Maybe this thread is more for those who wait, not for Beckett.

RE: OT- Beckett should update feedback process - talkntribe - 12-26-2011

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

RE: OT- Feedback for thought. - jnjbj - 12-26-2011

Your not. I enjoy every aspect of the site and all the great traders on the site, just like you I get a little frustrated.

RE: OT- Beckett should update feedback process - ceocards - 12-26-2011

(12-26-2011, 05:59 PM)talkntribe Wrote: I disagree. I would rather not get any feedback for a transaction than to get a false rating. Think about it for a second.

How would you feel if we did a trade,and you left me a less than perfect fb for whatever reason and I went and gave you a negative score just because i was mad. Would I get banned because you are a mod? I mean,it wouldn't upset you? Or me say, hey i'll leave the feedback once i get yours in. Especially if I knew there was an issue and I failed to correct it.

I know nothing will change and beckett wont do anything for whatever excuse. Its my opinion,and sometimes it feels good to vent. Not everyone will agree,and thats okay with me. Happy Holidays,Ceo!

I'd shrug it off, and feel confident that my past trader rating and the friends I've made here would hold a lot more weight than one neg from a trader who most people wouldn't know for a bogus reason (bogus negs are pretty easy to spot).

But that wasn't what I was addressing...here's what your 'solution' would cause:

We agree to a trade, and before I send the cards I decide that I'm only going to send you half of the cards you wanted (because I'm a jerk). You get understandably mad, and leave me a deserved negative feedback. But I know you're probably going to leave a neg, so I just don't leave you feedback, thus keeping my 'deserved' neg in limbo forever. I do the same thing to 20 other traders, but because I don't leave anyone feedback, none of the negs I'm accumulating show up.

I think it would cause a lot more problems than it would solve....