Beckett Message Boards
What's wrong with me? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: What's wrong with me? (/thread-1470725.html)

Pages: 1 2

What's wrong with me? - joe callahan13 - 12-21-2011

Anyone ever watch that show "Hoarders"? I am like that with cards, kind of. If I pull a super cool, super rare card, I can't bring myself to trade or sell it. Even if it is someone I don't even care about, I still can't bring myself to part with it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Why do I have to hoard them all for myself?? :-)

RE: What's wrong with me? - card ripper - 12-21-2011

I just got back into the hobby and I know what you mean, what happen to me was that I starting looking at the stack of high BV cards that I generally have no emotional attachment to and figured that I should trade or sale it so that I can get something that I am proud to look at everyday......think of it that way when you look at them it may help.

(12-21-2011, 08:50 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Anyone ever watch that show "Hoarders"? I am like that with cards, kind of. If I pull a super cool, super rare card, I can't bring myself to trade or sell it. Even if it is someone I don't even care about, I still can't bring myself to part with it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Why do I have to hoard them all for myself?? :-)

RE: What's wrong with me? - patsfan129 - 12-21-2011

NOTHING!!!! Big Grin lol

RE: What's wrong with me? - CowboysFanatic - 12-21-2011

hmm you seem perdy normal to meSmile

RE: What's wrong with me? - kylebucksfan - 12-21-2011

I am the same way. Last year I traded a Suh auto. Idk why but I was tempted to put it in PC. And same with a Rob Gronkowski SPA patch auto.

RE: What's wrong with me? - jefdav1831 - 12-21-2011

This is one of the reasons I try to stay away from Hobby Boxes and Packs. I would want to keep everything I pulled. I just save up and buy PC stuff only.

RE: What's wrong with me? - biglump007 - 12-21-2011

Thankfully I don't have that issue with stuff I pull I normally end up giving most of it away

RE: What's wrong with me? - ripkenfan72 - 12-21-2011

Hmmmm where's the problem???? LOL Big Grin

RE: What's wrong with me? - kennycooks - 12-22-2011

(12-21-2011, 10:07 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Thankfully I don't have that issue with stuff I pull I normally end up giving most of it away

+1

After a couple trades gone south, and the $60 sale of my Black Friday Tim Tebow auto I am all for giving. What goes around comes around.

Though I will say that here and there I have pulled a card that is non-PC that I struggle to part with. I have an AD auto that I tried to sell, and now that it didn't sale I don't know if I can ever let it go.

RE: What's wrong with me? - sconnienation3 - 12-22-2011

Nothing wrong! We all have cards that don't at all fit in to what we're "collecting" but are just too dang hard to let go. Case in point, this card:
[Image: peteA.jpg]

Now, I'm a Packer fan, and went to school for a time in Eau Claire, which has about as many Minnesota people as Wisconsin, and most of them are jerks about it. Wink So I really cannot stand the Vikings. At all. Yet I can never seem to bring myself to get rid of this card, despite the fact that it would probably fetch me something really nice for one of my PCs. He's a good player, the patches are sweet, and it's from the single most expensive pack I've ever purchased.

Its why we all collect small rectangles of cardboard to begin with. It's fun.