Beckett Message Boards
11-12 ITG Enforcers - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: 11-12 ITG Enforcers (/thread-1469332.html)

Pages: 1 2

11-12 ITG Enforcers - mnc99 - 12-11-2011

Hey, everyone!

I pre-ordered 3 boxes of 11-12 ITG Enforcers today. These will be my 1st boxes of any product in a long while. I really don't bust wax that often, but after reading a bit about this product, I had to get some. I loved the singles I've picked up from the Decades series last season, and hope these will be just as nice.

Anyone else planning on getting this, and what are your thoughts on the product?

Thanks,
Mike

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - wickabee - 12-11-2011

I may pick up singles.I've already seen one I want (Tough Team or something like that. G Butcher/H Snepts/D Williams/ G Odjick) and I'd sure like as nice Odjick for my collection.

As for the set iself, I'm really of neither mind on that debate. Honestly I think it's the most creative design idea ITG has ever had, whether it's controversial or not. I do understand Belak's mother's thoughts of it.

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - mnc99 - 12-11-2011

(12-11-2011, 08:06 PM)wickabee Wrote: I may pick up singles.I've already seen one I want (Tough Team or something like that. G Butcher/H Snepts/D Williams/ G Odjick) and I'd sure like as nice Odjick for my collection.

As for the set iself, I'm really of neither mind on that debate. Honestly I think it's the most creative design idea ITG has ever had, whether it's controversial or not. I do understand Belak's mother's thoughts of it.

I wasn't aware the set was controversial, I'll have to read up on that.
I also think the design is fantastic, the checklist is pretty awesome too.

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - bonnev659 - 12-11-2011

looking forward to it.

Dr. Price is having a chat about this product on another site

I think he is doing a few sites to get the word out.

if you pull the Grimson fight strap card I be happy to chase it from you :-D

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - eldapeeze - 12-12-2011

When does it come out? I might try a few boxes

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - mnc99 - 12-12-2011

(12-12-2011, 01:32 AM)eldapeeze Wrote: When does it come out? I might try a few boxes

Blowout says the approximate release date is Jan 19 2012.

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - ricebondsmntna2young - 12-12-2011

I'm looking forward to seeing these since everyone's talking about card design.

Without having read any of the big articles on the NY Times about enforcers and without knowing what the consensus is on how to treat fighting in the NHL, I don't pay much mind to the controversy. Horrors of War on the other hand...

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - slufan83 - 12-12-2011

I think it's a cool design, but I just don't see much value in the stuff. I might see if there are any cool singles of Tony Twist for sale on the bay, but that will be my extent of the product.

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - bonnev659 - 12-12-2011

it is in mid Jan

RE: 11-12 ITG Enforcers - wickabee - 12-12-2011

(12-12-2011, 06:28 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I think it's a cool design, but I just don't see much value in the stuff. I might see if there are any cool singles of Tony Twist for sale on the bay, but that will be my extent of the product.

That's all I see this product being. I see more people waiting for certain players from their teams (like you said with Twist and myself with Odjick), but I can't see collecting a set like this. It will be screamingly popular right off the bat, but once the secondary market shows that people are:
A - probably only willing to buy certain players from certain teams, while the rest of the set goes unwanted and
B - probably not willing to pay top dollar for names like Twist and Odjick.
I'm not saying it's a bad idea for a set, it certainly fills a void. I just can't see that void being very big.