Beckett Message Boards
Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame (/thread-1469138.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - shezdoni - 12-10-2011

Other sites do this, and I know we try not to be like other sites here, but there are quite a few members that do deserve some recognition here on the Boards,

So, Here is the Idea,

Beckett Message Board Hall of Fame:

5 Members from each board will be chosen

The Top Vote Getter will be inducted into the Beckett HOF for the forum they were selected for.

One vote per member per sport

Requirements are as follows.

1. Must be a member in good standing.

2. Must have been a member a minimum of 2 consecutive years

Anyone who was a member then left to frequent another site, then came back is automatically inelgible for Hall of Fame for that year.

If anyone else thinks of something else that should be used as a requirement, Post here or Pm it to me, please.

I know, I know your all wondering what the winner receives

The winner Will have their name placed in the Beckett Hall of Fame Sticky that will be placed on each forum.

And they will also receive a Tag on their Profile that States they are an inductee into the Hall of Fame, I'll let Floydtown work out how to
do the Tag thing.

There will also be a Trader/seller Hall of fame

The Top Trader/Seller from each sport forum will be inducted into the Beckett HoF

The person with the highest amount of completed trades, and no negative or Neutral feedbacks

Will be Inducted into the Beckett Forum Hall of Fame

They will receive

The winner Will have their name placed in the Beckett Hall of Fame Sticky that will be placed on each forum.

And they will also receive a Tag on their Profile that States they are an inductee into the Hall of Fame, I'll let Floydtown work out how to
do the Tag thing.

And then the Most Prestigious of all Hall of Fame Inductee's " The Beckett Legend" Inductee

The Member who receives this Honor will have to have been a Member in good standing on the Boards for 5 consecutive years

If you think this is a good idea, post a yea or nay if enough interest is shown and enough yea's, then the voting will start Wednesday December 14th and end Wednesday January 4th

On January 20th we will have the Induction Ceremony

If you have any other idea's on how to do this post it here or pm me.

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - keyser soze - 12-10-2011

My nominee is jbmm161, best in the biz!

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - talkntribe - 12-10-2011

Honestly, I think its a nay. Just sounds boring.The winnings sound cheesey. I just think posting their name on a hall of fame and giving them a tag just seems alittle childish. I think a good prize would be a "6 month all access subscription" Free! What better way for beckett to show some appreciation for their top members. I think its safe to say that most members are grown adults. Give them something to brag about. JMO

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - bonds20001 - 12-10-2011

Hall of Fame usually implies that the person is "retired" or no longer active in whatever "hall" they are inducted into..
Except maybe the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, those people perform from the hospital bed..

So, HOF for boards is, as stated above, cheesey kind of..

Too much other stuff to do/fix/use..

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - slufan83 - 12-10-2011

Sounds like it is just an excuse to make someone get a bigger e-peen. People know who the good members are without having their names sticky'd at the top of each board. I think it's the bad traders that should be more publicly displayed.

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - talkntribe - 12-10-2011

(12-10-2011, 12:59 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Sounds like it is just an excuse to make someone get a bigger e-peen. People know who the good members are without having their names sticky'd at the top of each board. I think it's the bad traders that should be more publicly displayed.

Dude you smacked that comment out of the park. Exactly my thoughts. Glad you said it.

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - jacobystealshome - 12-10-2011

popularity contest...nay

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - dkotart - 12-10-2011

nay....we already have a star rating over our name what more do we need?

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - beginesj - 12-10-2011

At first I thought this would be a good idea but the nays have some vaild points. The reason I was going to say yea I have done some trades with some outstanding traders on here.

RE: Beckett Message Board Hall of fame - bustin 5 knots - 12-10-2011

I don't think it's a very good idea