Beckett Message Boards
LCS tell me what you want - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: LCS tell me what you want (/thread-1467619.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

LCS tell me what you want - chads-cards - 11-29-2011

Okay I am going to ask all of you guys/gals who are the ones walking through the door as a customer...what is something you have seen or would like to see in a store...not item wise but like displays/set-ups...ways cars are set up and organizing and how you would like to see higher end cards displayed...I need a project for over winter. Any ideas welcome...I wanna redo everything and make it fresh for our regulars.

RE: LCS tell me what you want - mik253 - 11-29-2011

Well I am bias but have to say more Redskins goodies.... Smile

RE: LCS tell me what you want - mattfastiggi - 11-29-2011

depends....what city/state you located in?

RE: LCS tell me what you want - chads-cards - 11-29-2011

Pittsburgh...I m not really asking what to have in there but how would collectors like stuff displayed...like cards wise...I mean ik some shops have cards by player in boxes...or stacks in cases or binders...I am starting to take more conrol of the shop and I want to make changes for the better

RE: LCS tell me what you want - mik253 - 11-29-2011

To be honest. One of the main things I like about my LCS is the fact they have something for everyone. In both displays and how it is shown, no one sport stands out more than the other. Equal time I guess.

(11-29-2011, 01:38 AM)mik253 Wrote: To be honest. One of the main things I like about my LCS is the fact they have something for everyone. In both displays and how it is shown, no one sport stands out more than the other. Equal time I guess.

our only lacking category (not that we dont have the product) is basketball...becasue we don have a team...we used to have a 8 foot case of jus bball but the stuff didnt sell

RE: LCS tell me what you want - CowboysFanatic - 11-29-2011

Mirrors and lighting certainly helps makes product stand out and shine better, also it wouldnt hurt to have a disco ballWink

(11-29-2011, 01:43 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: Mirrors and lighting certainly helps makes product stand out and shine better, also it wouldnt hurt to have a disco ballWink

Our old shop had lights in every case...then the fading happened lol...we havent trust them since...but I do wanna try and make some mirror backed wall mounts that hold about 50 cards each

RE: LCS tell me what you want - hellsbells - 11-29-2011

Most LCS's I've seen have their individual cards in a glass case (usually broken down by sport). This works good, but I think that if they arranged them by selling price it would help some people.

I know that looking at each and every card takes a while, but for some of us that don't have a lot of money, it would be cool to look at an area and know that we can afford all of them (like a $5 row of patches/au/gu - or a $10 row).

Also, since I can't really afford to buy the bigger value cards of some of my favorites (letterman cards, printing plates, 1/1) it would be cool if those that are affordable were displayed in an area alone. I know that I got a Letterman in a trade here once, not because I like the player, but just to actually have one of those cards - would probably do the same with a printing plate - would be cool just to have one.

This might also help with kids getting into the hobby - if all they see are Cam Newton Patches for 200, or stars for high prices, they might never want to continue. It seems that each year there are plates/patches/gu/au of players that fizzle out and end up working at the grocery store and it would be a way for kids to have high end cards cheap.

Also - label all of the boxes and packs with prices - a couple of the stores here don't, and I get tired of having to ask on each one how much they want. One guy labels with sticky notes, so he can easily change the price if needed, but it makes it easier for me to decide.

Ken

RE: LCS tell me what you want - Marinoisking - 11-29-2011

keep all the more sought after stuff in the cases....then have a bargin bin....I always love going through the bargin bins and picking up cheap autos,mem,inserts of players I have always liked but never really had a chance to pick much up.

Try to do a trade night and get people in the shop that way...those are always a blast and my LCS rarely does them anymore.