Beckett Message Boards
WS Fan - Game 3 - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: WS Fan - Game 3 (/thread-1463089.html)

Pages: 1 2

WS Fan - Game 3 - mcraneyrp - 10-23-2011

What did you guys think about the fan who threw the ball onto the field (Game 3, 7th Inning) as Holliday was fielding the ball? I was amazed at how easy it was to spot him on the replay. I guess I ask because now that I am teaching sportsmanship, it seems that (compared to just a few years ago) a lot of players have gotten their acts together and it's the fans that are unruly.

Patrick

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - ricochetrob - 10-23-2011

(10-23-2011, 02:04 AM)mcraneyrp Wrote: What did you guys think about the fan who threw the ball onto the field (Game 3, 7th Inning) as Holliday was fielding the ball? I was amazed at how easy it was to spot him on the replay. I guess I ask because now that I am teaching sportsmanship, it seems that (compared to just a few years ago) a lot of players have gotten their acts together and it's the fans that are unruly.

Patrick

As a D/FW resident, I was humiliated.

I'm embarrassed that the entire nation thinks that f'n idiot represents what we're like down here.

One word - embarrassed.

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - jeterfan5128 - 10-23-2011

(10-23-2011, 02:07 AM)ricochetrob Wrote: As a D/FW resident, I was humiliated.

I'm embarrassed that the entire nation thinks that f'n idiot represents what we're like down here.

One word - embarrassed.

i agree the ball being thrown on the field was pathetic, i mean how stupid can that guy be?

Wow darwin award nominee there..

other the that, game 3 was absolutley awesome...ive never seen anything quite like that before..

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - phillies816 - 10-23-2011

Sucks having one idiot represent an entire fan base huh? Try rooting for the Phillies. People think we walk around throwing up on people because ONE drunken white trash idiot did it.

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - insidethevines - 10-23-2011

Not as bad as when 3 years ago at wrigley Shane Victorino (phillies) was going for a fly ball and a fan threw a cup of beer at him.
Its pathetic what people do at the games.

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - bustin 5 knots - 10-23-2011

Yeah I hope he's banned from the ballpark for life

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - crtorres7382 - 10-23-2011

It was despicable. Just imagine if he would have thrown the ball higher and distracted Holliday. He could have easily been injured, etc. I second the ban for life for this fan. What an idiot.

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - sonnyday - 10-23-2011

You have to admit it was pretty funny though. First row, in the high definition era! Clear as day. I don't think anyone has a bad feeling about rangers fan, they have always been classy. Every fan group has it's share of idiots.

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - slufan83 - 10-23-2011

Front Row + HD = ByeBye

Since the Cards and Rangers haven't really ever played much, I don't see much of the Rangers. I thought the fans there were pretty great. That one moron make you all look bad on national tv though. It doesn't change my opinion about the fans overall though. All the red, white, and blue looked awesome. I think the Rangers might take one more, but the Cards will finish it off in game 6. It's sure been a great series.

RE: WS Fan - Game 3 - jonathancard - 10-23-2011

That guys name is Jeremy Maurer he is from Albany Texas my wife went to high school with the guy he is sure getting some well deserved hate for that.