Beckett Message Boards
2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED] - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED] (/thread-1462508.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN] - pyweed - 10-21-2011

Case #3, Box #11

Prospect refractor /500: Zack Von Rosenberg
Orange refractor prospect auto /25: Bryan Holaday

Comments: Nice auto! This one is gradeable too.
Grade: A
Case #3, Box #12

Prospect refractor /500: Jonathan Joseph
Blue refractor /150: Tim Hudson
Prospect auto: Hunter Morris

Comments: Weak finish.
Grade: D

Case #3 Summary

Comments: Two refractor prospect autos, a blue, an orange, a Turner redemption, a USA refractor set, a Miller Throwback xfractor, and a canary diamond. That’s a lot of value, even without a Harper, Hosmer, or Ackley. Actually, it’s every bit as good as the first case. I think I’m ahead overall thanks to this case.
Grade: B

Case #4, Box #1

Prospect refractor /500: Cameron Bedrosian
Refractor prospect auto /500: Jordan Swagerty

Comments: I think it will get better.

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN] - pyweed - 10-21-2011

Case #4, Box #2

Gold refractor /50: Drew Stubbs
Refractor USA U19 auto /417: Hunter Virant
Prospect auto: Schaeffer Hall

Comments: That’s just a little better.
Grade: D+

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN] - magneto2 - 10-21-2011

Loving these case breaks! I would say your ahead of last year already!

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN] - joserobles - 10-21-2011

Thanks for the contest!!!
thanks for sharing the break with the rest of us

Nathan Eovaldi and 43

Case #4, Box #3

Blue refractor /150: Adam Wainwright
Orange Refractor /25: Bryan Holaday
Prospect auto: Cutter Dykstra

Comments: Color but not value.

Case #4, Box #4

Prospect refractor /500: Chris Owings
Blue refractor /150: Brian Bogusevic
Prospect auto: Melky Mesa

Comments: Getting slammed so far this case. My odds of hitting a Harper have dropped from about 79% (at the start of the break) to about 40%.

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN] - natejeffries - 10-21-2011

You know what these case breaks show me? I have very little chance trying to hit anything with a few packs.

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN] - jdberia - 10-21-2011

(10-21-2011, 11:33 PM)natejeffries Wrote: You know what these case breaks show me? I have very little chance trying to hit anything with a few packs.

That's not entirely true. Obviously, your odds should increase the more you open, but not always. For instance, I stopped my LCS today for a couple things and bought the first two, yes I said two, packs out of the first box they opened. First pack: Harper Throwback. I wish I could pull a sig of him, but anything of him is pretty sweet.

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN] - magneto2 - 10-21-2011

(10-21-2011, 11:38 PM)jdberia Wrote: That's not entirely true. Obviously, your odds should increase the more you open, but not always. For instance, I stopped my LCS today for a couple things and bought the first two, yes I said two, packs out of the first box they opened. First pack: Harper Throwback. I wish I could pull a sig of him, but anything of him is pretty sweet.

I will go a step further and say I pulled two auto's from the same box on different days! One refractor auto of Machado the other a draft auto of Tim Beckham!

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN] - pyweed - 10-22-2011

Case #4, Box #5

Prospect refractor /500: Kyle Smit
Prospect auto: Brock Holt

Comments: Ouch. Worst box of the break.
Grade: F+