Beckett Message Boards
MAKE MY DAY! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-54.html)
+---- Thread: MAKE MY DAY! (/thread-1461453.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: I STILL NEED YOUR COLBERTS! - chads-cards - 10-12-2011

bumpbumpbump
Ill keep bumping this until I get some action on here lol

RE: I STILL NEED YOUR COLBERTS! - CowboysFanatic - 10-12-2011

How come you dont collect his 1/1's? I notice you said something about except for those 1/1's you have a ton of them

(10-12-2011, 03:11 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: How come you dont collect his 1/1's? I notice you said something about except for those 1/1's you have a ton of them

its not that I dont collect them...I just dont take them into consideration. If I find them Ill buy them but they rarely come onto the market...theres one on the bay right now. I will eventually get it...but in my mind youll never get all the 1/1's sp why spend alot on them when you could get alot of other cards you need...sooner or later thats all ill need but for now they are not top priority.

ya i see the same one was gonna tell you about it if you did indeed collect them as it is perdy cheap right now lol

RE: I STILL NEED YOUR COLBERTS! - georgehenrycollector - 10-12-2011

I may have some Colberts Ill check and let you know

(10-12-2011, 03:37 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: ya i see the same one was gonna tell you about it if you did indeed collect them as it is perdy cheap right now lol

yeah theres a bin aswell on there for $30...I just think 1/1's are dumb...well let me rephrase that...press plates are dumb...they arent a 1/1 in my mind because theres always 4...or in some cases 8 if they do the front and back. Those I will never pursue...even if they are the only thing left...IMO they are ugly and theres too many for it to truly be unique. The only 1/1s im after are the lettermens,superfractors, refractors numbered to 1 and autos. And if the prodcut has just ONE 1/1 then ill go after it. I only have a few in my pc right now. Like I said its not on the top of my list right now
(10-12-2011, 03:39 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I may have some Colberts Ill check and let you know

alright sweet PM me when you find out.

I feel somewhat the same way, but for pricing reasons. I rarely will go after a card that doesnt have a listed price range. It just leaves too much hassle for the trader and the collector when you just have to pull a number out of the air to work with, a number that the seller, buyer or traders will almost always certainly not agree with or have animosity about. So for me, i tend to stay away from cards that cant be price by our happy medium, the beckett price guide

(10-12-2011, 03:50 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: I feel somewhat the same way, but for pricing reasons. I rarely will go after a card that doesnt have a listed price range. It just leaves too much hassle for the trader and the collector when you just have to pull a number out of the air to work with, a number that the seller, buyer or traders will almost always certainly not agree with or have animosity about. So for me, i tend to stay away from cards that cant be price by our happy medium, the beckett price guide

Its not usually that for me. Theres just a little problem and thats colbert has 145 1/1's. which sucks

So you gonna shoot for that 1/1? If you want it and dont got the cash lmk and i will get it for you then we can work out a trade

(10-12-2011, 07:05 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: So you gonna shoot for that 1/1? If you want it and dont got the cash lmk and i will get it for you then we can work out a trade

which one? haha. Imma get the auto one I think...I want the 2004 donruss classics platinum one but dont wanna shell out $30 for it. It would complete my rainbow for that set.