Beckett Message Boards
The Hunt for Red October! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The Hunt for Red October! (/thread-1461097.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Hunt for Red October! - JASCards - 10-07-2011

Later Phillies!
To all those who counted us out!

Thanks for the Hater-Aid!

Go Cardinals!

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - imnotded - 10-07-2011

I was able to catch the last 4 innings. Was a great game! My wife is from Philly so it's nice to rub their loss in her families faces, lol

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - spazmatastic - 10-07-2011

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game! I cannot believe that the game was basically won with the first 2 AB's!!! I watched the first 4 innings at work and was luckily able to hunt it down on the radio (on several AM stations) on the way home and got to watch the last 2 and a half at home. I still can't believe how many radio stations I found it on here in NC.

GO CARDINALS!!!

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - slufan83 - 10-07-2011

Carp was amazing....when the Cards blew the chance with bases loaded and one out, I thought for sure it was going to come back to bite em. Now let's see a 1982 replay and make it to the WS!

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - bigt314 - 10-07-2011

What an amazing pitching performance by both Carp and Doc! The better team won! How ironic is it that the Phillies sweeping the Braves on the last weekend of the season gets the Cardinals in the playoffs only to beat the Phillies???

Way to go Birds! Keep flying high. Happy Fight=Happy Flight!

I do hope Ryan Howard is OK!

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - 86champs - 10-07-2011

Yanks & Phillies out my night just got better Smile

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - spazmatastic - 10-07-2011

(10-07-2011, 10:22 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Carp was amazing....when the Cards blew the chance with bases loaded and one out, I thought for sure it was going to come back to bite em. Now let's see a 1982 replay and make it to the WS!

I did too. I kept begging for an insurance run or two. Smile
I hope the NLCS is better than '82. Especially since that Brewers/Cards series was in the WS. I hope they take it 4 games to 2 (or better).
Carpenter getting a CG today is great b/c it saved the bullpen and Motte from any work. They will be fully rested and ready for Game 1 of the NLCS.
My question is: When will Carpenter start next (I think #3) and who will start Game 1? I just wanna hear everyone's opinion on this.
(10-07-2011, 10:35 PM)bigt314 Wrote: What an amazing pitching performance by both Carp and Doc! The better team won! How ironic is it that the Phillies sweeping the Braves on the last weekend of the season gets the Cardinals in the playoffs only to beat the Phillies???

Way to go Birds! Keep flying high. Happy Fight=Happy Flight!

I do hope Ryan Howard is OK!

I agree with all of that.
I think Howard being the last batter was VERY ironic. I was hoping he wouldn't shake the PO funk he was in, but I didn't want to see him injured. I think he'll be fine in time for next season though. It looks like he may have pulled/strained a muscle. I don't think it is very serious and I wish him a speedy recovery.
(10-07-2011, 10:38 PM)86champs Wrote: Yanks & Phillies out my night just got better Smile

I'm sure it did. Big Grin
My WEEK just got better!

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - beatles guy - 10-07-2011

In Carp we trust!

Too bad for Halladay though, I really like that guy. What a pitcher.

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - bigt314 - 10-07-2011

Fox Sports Midwest is reporting that Charlie Manuel has said is is a badly sprained ankle with an MRI tomorrow to make sure there is no structural damage.

11 in 11! Go Cards!
Spaz, I also think Lohse goes in Game 1 with Edwin Jackson in Game 2. I believe Carp goes in 3 and Jaime in 4. I would put Jaime in game 2 but he pitches so much better at home vs away.

RE: The Hunt for Red October! - 86champs - 10-07-2011

Got to say I'm pulling for the Cards this year....