Beckett Message Boards
Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sports Talk (/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? (/thread-1458637.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - cardboardcollector13 - 09-19-2011 07:58 PM

Go Rays! Getting more excited about them after each of those wins this weekend. If they can do it after losing of Pena, Soriano, and Crawford, all power to 'em.

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - jwest1334 - 09-20-2011 09:25 AM

I would love a Rangers/Braves Series, or a Rangers/Cards series (unlikely). either way, I have someone who will swap a set of tickets with me that way I can watch a few home world series games, as well as go on the road to watch one.

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - crazyforkinsler5 - 09-20-2011 09:29 AM

(09-19-2011 03:40 PM)motu79 Wrote:  Boston needs to get healthy quickly! If I was a Rangers fan, I'd want the Red Sox to limp in so I could clobber 'em. It's gonna be close though. Definitely worth watching.

Right now, the Rangers would open at New York and Detroit would host the Boston-Tampa Bay winner. That's as things stand today. NY has 92 wins, the best in the AL. Detroit has 89 and Texas has 88.
(09-20-2011 09:25 AM)jwest1334 Wrote:  I would love a Rangers/Braves Series, or a Rangers/Cards series (unlikely). either way, I have someone who will swap a set of tickets with me that way I can watch a few home world series games, as well as go on the road to watch one.

I don't think the Rangers have the pitching to make it this year. They don't have that shut down No. 1 guy that can start a series or pitch a Game 7 if needed. I like Wilson is Game 1, but don't know if the rest of the staff is ready for the postseason.

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - jacobystealshome - 09-20-2011 09:39 AM

for all you rangers, tigers and yanks fans: you better bleeping pray that the sox DONT choke - because the rays are a far better team right now, with far superior pitching

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - jwest1334 - 09-20-2011 10:12 AM

I think the pitching in the A.L is pretty weak in general, I honestly think the Angels are the most poised to make a deep run with their pitching, of course they are unlikely to get the chance. As for the Rangers pitching, I feel pretty comfortable with C.J. as the #1. He is not that dominant shutdown guy yet, but I like his odds against anyone but Verlander. None of these team really have a whole lot after the number 1 guy. Boston is prob best with Lester as their 2nd, and Fister has been hot for Detroit, but I am not afraid of Lester really. You never know in the playoffs though.

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - alfredoleal2001 - 09-20-2011 10:37 AM

I had predicted boston to go to the world series, but I guess any team have have a meltdown at some point....... for boston it was the first two weeks of the season and now these games in the end. The MetsĀ“is the one I remember the most a couple of years ago.

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - jtulliakat0628 - 09-20-2011 10:46 AM

It would definetly be one of the most impressive September come backs in baseball history.

Very intriguing, especially with how the Rays run their team. They play the best guys within their pay roll limits and their is something to be said to that compared to how the big power houses do things.

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - crazyforkinsler5 - 09-20-2011 02:34 PM

(09-20-2011 10:12 AM)jwest1334 Wrote:  I think the pitching in the A.L is pretty weak in general, I honestly think the Angels are the most poised to make a deep run with their pitching, of course they are unlikely to get the chance. As for the Rangers pitching, I feel pretty comfortable with C.J. as the #1. He is not that dominant shutdown guy yet, but I like his odds against anyone but Verlander. None of these team really have a whole lot after the number 1 guy. Boston is prob best with Lester as their 2nd, and Fister has been hot for Detroit, but I am not afraid of Lester really. You never know in the playoffs though.

Fister was a beast in Seattle. He had an ERA under 3.00. I wish the Rangers could've seen that on one of the times they faced him and picked him up. He'd gone undefeated (not really) with the offense the Rangers have.

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - jwest1334 - 09-20-2011 02:36 PM

(09-20-2011 02:34 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote:  Fister was a beast in Seattle. He had an ERA under 3.00. I wish the Rangers could've seen that on one of the times they faced him and picked him up. He'd gone undefeated (not really) with the offense the Rangers have.

Yeah he would have been a great addition. although, I love the other pitching moves we made, but having Fister would have really helped going into the post season

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead? - Davis26 - 09-20-2011 07:39 PM

As a Rays fan I sure hope so, but not off to a good start tonight. I am thinking we need 7 of 10 to squeak in, even then the Sox have to go 3-5 to fall behind us.