Beckett Message Boards
Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? (/thread-1458309.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - y2hood - 09-17-2011

As alluded to in the box break folder, I recently purchased two boxes of Leaf Ultimate draft. I haven't posted scans or results yet because my mood has been a little sour since yesterday. I pulled the card I wanted, a Mark Ingram (actually it was in the box my lady opened), and my excitement at the #'d to 20 football shaped card was short lived when I looked at the back. It is chipped to hell all around the edges. She was even aghast by the chipping and she's still a novice.

I went to the Leaf website and called the main # which just had me punch in extensions for the list of names that are on the main site. So I went with the customer service lady and so far, no return call to my voicemail. I also messaged their twitter account.

I verified with the website from where I purchased, and they said to yes, check with Leaf about it.

(I am not to sure how to do scans on the new scanner as it's not plugged into the computer but I'm going to try soon)

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - biglump007 - 09-17-2011

Not sure how good they are at replacements but I've noticed on my Justin Houston helmet and football diecuts that the edges aren't the best. Kinda bad because on the regular cards the edges are very good, just seems to be on the die cuts

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - superynaldo - 09-17-2011

Why am I hearing more and more horror stories about over priced packs bearing crap condition cards??? WTF!?? I am NEVER buying packs due to all the QC issues... They are just not worth the money or hassle... I hope they at least get you a decent replacement... Packs suck...Sad

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - spazmatastic - 09-17-2011

(09-17-2011, 04:28 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Why am I hearing more and more horror stories about over priced packs bearing crap condition cards??? WTF!?? I am NEVER buying packs due to all the QC issues... They are just not worth the money or hassle... I hope they at least get you a decent replacement... Packs suck...Sad

Because you are ONLY hearing/reading the horror stories. People don't post every time they pull perfect cards from a pack! On top of that, we are talking about foil die-cut cards here. It is very easy for chipping to happen AND to go unnoticed by QC. I have been buying packs and boxes since the late 1980's and it isn't that common to pull eff'd up cards. I ONLY buy boxes now (hobby and blasters) thanks to the pack searchers!
I have only sent in cards for replacement 4 times in 25+ yrs. 1st time, I pulled a blank card from 1992 UD MLB and they sent me several packs. 2nd time, I sent in some 2009 Press Pass Eclipse B&W parallel (racing) cards that were damaged by the blank insert being added to the packs--they replaced each one with a mint condition one. 3rd time, some 2009 UD MLB cards had roller marks on them and were replaced with mint condition ones.
The last one was a racing card too- I bought a SINGLE CARD #'d to 50, but 1 of the 3 RU'd pieces was missing (there was fabric tape in the place of a piece of sheet metal). Press Pass replaced that one with a new one with all 3 pieces AND the same stamped serial number.
You spend so much more money buying singles than you will by buying boxes or packs and trading what you don't want to others who do want them.

As for the OP, I think they will replace them and hope they send you either a mint replacement OR a better card.

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - y2hood - 09-17-2011

Yeah I've NEVER returned a card before. And honestly I probably wouldn't even make a stink if it was a 36 count box of Topps or something. But the fact that it's a higher end pack with only FOUR cards and it was a Saints player, the team I collect, I'm miffed.

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - spazmatastic - 09-18-2011

(09-17-2011, 11:37 PM)y2hood Wrote: Yeah I've NEVER returned a card before. And honestly I probably wouldn't even make a stink if it was a 36 count box of Topps or something. But the fact that it's a higher end pack with only FOUR cards and it was a Saints player, the team I collect, I'm miffed.

I fully understand, and you should send an email to their customer service link as well. I am pretty sure they will replace your card, OR at least try to send you an alternate card. You should demend a replacement of your original card though. Most card companies do not want their buyers to be PO'd.

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - y2hood - 09-19-2011

I've done that, it's monday now so hopefully I hear something. I'm REALLY wanting to buy a couple more boxes of this because it was a REALLY fun break to do.

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - y2hood - 09-20-2011

Spoke to the nice customer service lady today on the phone. She promised to try really hard to replace it with another Ingram but couldn't guarantee. That's fine, I'll appreciate an honest effort on her part. So I have the card packaged up and ready to go back home to Leaf.

Having never taken him out of his top loader, there should be no finger prints on it. I placed the top loader in a team bag, sealed it. Then I cut off the UPC from the box and put both card and UPC in a bubble mailer, sealed it. Then I got a bigger bubble mailer, put the smaller one in it with the original packaging slip showing date of order along with a letter refreshing her on the matter.

That should do it huh?

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - spazmatastic - 09-20-2011

That should work out well. I hope you get a mint replacement of the same card you're sending. GL!!!

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards? - coachlew10 - 09-20-2011

Slow.