Beckett Message Boards
2011 Bowman Platinum box break - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break (/thread-1457341.html)

Pages: 1 2

2011 Bowman Platinum box break - spdevers76 - 09-09-2011

I went to my LCS, though it's not that local, but the only one in the area. I wanted to break a box of Bowman Platinum and a box of Allen and Ginter. Well, he was out of Bowman Platinum, but had an open box with 17 packs left in it. I don't normally like to do open boxes, because of all these Youtube videos of these hot pack busters, but I really wanted a chance at a Bryce Harper auto, so I bought the box. I am glad that I did. The LCS guy told me that he would guarantee that there would be 2 autographs or he would give me 25% off. I bought that and an unopened box of Allen and Ginter. Well, on the fourth pack that I opened, I pulled a Bryce Harper/Jameson Taillon dual autograph card numbered #53/89. I was stoked, but I still had more packs to open. Three packs later, I pull a Bryce Harper emerald refractor autograph #d 222/399. Well obviously that made my box. In addition, I pulled a USA redemption for an on-card auto from the 2011 Team USA. What a great box. That means someone got the autographed relic card in the 3 missing packs, but who cares. Both Bryce cards are available to buy, as I just like the thrill of pulling the cards. I collect Will Clark cards if anyone has some super rare inserts or autographs. I am definitely looking for the Notable Nicknames autograph of Will Clark. Other pulls from the box are: Emerald Josh Rodriguez, Gold Brad Emaus, Ruby Adrian Gonzalez, Gold Cory Luebke, Emerald Billy Butler, Gold Chipper Jones, Emerald Kyle Drabek. All are available for trade or sale but the Adrian Gonzalez, as I am a huge Red Sox fan.

The Allen and Ginter box was a bit of a disappointment (of course how could it not be with the previous box), but here are the pulls:

Brent Morel Blue Auto
Anibal Sanchez Game-Used
Brennan Boesch Game-Used

Highlight sketches: Dallas Braden, Ichiro, Matt Garza, Jason Heyward
Ascent of Man: Porifera, Australopithecus, Homininae, Placoderms
Floating Fortress: HMS Devastation, Mahmudiye, HMS Dreadnought
Minds that made the future: Johannes Gutenberg, Robert Fulton, Carl Lennaeus
Ginter code cards: Andrew Bailey, Carlos Gomez, Joel Pineiro

Wish I could give scans, but it decided that it is not going to work today. I will put them up later, if possible.

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - telattt - 09-09-2011

Wow, amazing box (packs)! Congrats.

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - cspen - 09-09-2011

did you get any Shelby Miller, Zack Cox, or Jordan Swagerty?

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - joserobles - 09-09-2011

Congrats, nice box.

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - spdevers76 - 09-10-2011

(09-09-2011, 09:44 PM)cspen Wrote: did you get any Shelby Miller, Zack Cox, or Jordan Swagerty?

check my organize to make sure, but the names don't ring a bell.

Steve

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - cspen - 09-10-2011

(09-10-2011, 03:41 PM)spdevers76 Wrote: check my organize to make sure, but the names don't ring a bell.

Steve

you don't have any 2011 bowman platinum listed for trade in your org

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - spdevers76 - 09-10-2011

(09-10-2011, 04:20 PM)cspen Wrote: you don't have any 2011 bowman platinum listed for trade in your org

Sorry, I thought that I had added them to organize, which I had, I just hadn't added them to trade. They are up now. I don't have the Harper autos up for trade, but they are for sale, if interested.

Steve Devers

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - woodrowsbat - 09-10-2011

You never know about the missing hit! I bought 3 Platinum boxes and all 3 were missing the relic/auto hit.
ALL 3!!!
You may want to ask the guy if anyone opened the packs at the store and got the hit.If noone did just send the upc toTopps and a letter and they will send you the hit. Also a reciept.

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - cheetos - 09-10-2011

always nice to see a fellow Clark collector, nice Platinum break!

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum box break - snappyjoe75 - 09-12-2011

what are u looking for on the auto for harpers??
u can check my inventory to trade