Beckett Message Boards
Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 (/thread-1457005.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - bosoxfan1971 - 09-07-2011

I will start the thread off.

I pegged Ian Kinsler to have a monster year, needless to say that has not happened.

I also had Big Papi finished, and have also been proven wrong there.

Who are the 2 players you feel who exceeded and who fell short of expectations this season?

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - bustin 5 knots - 09-07-2011

I think Mike Morse has quietly had a nice year for the Nats, he wasn't really on anyone's preseason list for MVP or anything

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - alfredoleal2001 - 09-07-2011

Jose Bautista???? No one thought he could have another monster season......
Ichiro....... No one thought he could have 1 bad season, guess maybe age caught up with him

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - TheEvilEmpire - 09-07-2011

Suprised: Nova and Granderson

I was very suprised at how well the Pirates played this year..They just need some more pieces and they could be a playoff team. I also figured the Reds would have a better year than they are but it didn't happen..

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - woodrowsbat - 09-07-2011

As far as the Pirates. I for one am in disbelief at Pedro Alvarez lack of any production. Horrible,looks lost completely.
Andrew McCutchen is having a fine year,while not a total shock , 22 homers was a bit more than I thought he would have at this point as well his 85 rbis.

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - 011873 - 09-07-2011

I thought bautista would hit 20-25 and travis snider would become a star

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - themaskedhood - 09-07-2011

The Atlanta Braves and Craig Kimbrel. The Braves were picked by a lot of experts to win the division and go to the world series, but have had a ton of injuries over the year. The fact that they basically have a chokehold on the wildcard with that payroll and those injuries is surprising to me!

Not many expected Craig Kimbrel to be the best closer in baseball either.

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - spilsys - 09-08-2011

arizona diamonbacks way better then all believed they be and the brewers playing so well as a team..makings of some good post season games

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - shaunbaus - 09-08-2011

I dunno, Ian Kinsler is having a pretty decent year. Has 7 hrs over the last 7 games. Is tied for the team lead in hr's w/ Cruz. When my team faces them he always has me worried. They have one scary lineup too, if they can keep pitching well they might make it back to the world series.

Biggest surprise to me is James Shields

Biggest disappointment I'd have to say Adam Dunn

RE: Who have been the biggest suprises in MLB in 2011 - fulltritty - 09-08-2011

I would have to say that I am surprised that the first week of September my Yankees are 2.5 games up on the Red Sox when the Red Sox were overwhelmingly chosen to win the World Series, the Yankees have struggled against the Red Sox this year, and we have only 1 consistent starter.

Nova and Granderson are doing better than expected for the Yanks.

Lots of great rookies and young guys to watch like Freeman, Belt, Montero, Hellickson.

And the great year Ian Kennedy is having for Arizona. Too bad the Yankees didn't keep him!