Beckett Message Boards
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... (/thread-1456545.html)

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens, pg.30) - mrspudhead - 09-16-2011

That's a nice card. Did you pull it yourself? Spud

(09-16-2011, 05:42 AM)jafi1972 Wrote: Hereis my late entry but nowhere near as good as the others.

3/10

[Image: scan0030.jpg]

and even though it is a multi team card.

[Image: CrosbyLecavalierBRichards13of40.jpg]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens, pg.30) - bonnev659 - 09-16-2011

very nice card

(09-16-2011, 05:42 AM)jafi1972 Wrote: Hereis my late entry but nowhere near as good as the others.

3/10

[Image: scan0030.jpg]

[/IMG]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens, pg.30) - mrspudhead - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 05:42 AM)jafi1972 Wrote: and even though it is a multi team card.

[Image: CrosbyLecavalierBRichards13of40.jpg]

The team cards like yours are one of the main reasons I like Artifacts. Here's another one with the same number even! Spud

[Image: Art001-1.jpg]

Certified had some nice multi-star cards too.

[Image: Cert001-1.jpg]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens, pg.30) - jaykayzee - 09-16-2011

[Image: marcandrefleuryemblem.jpg]
[Image: 11242009gameusednumbermaximetolbot.jpg]
[Image: 08222009jordanstaaltopprospectspatc.jpg]

[Image: 0809trilogytricolortandemscrosbymal.jpg]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens pg.30 (uh-oh)) - bimola - 09-16-2011

(09-15-2011, 11:52 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Preliminary Vote Tally

pens fan addict's Talbot Debut Threads: 3 (ty4; blue; powell)
mrspudhead's Staal Shield: 2 (cheat; rice)
ak11's Crosby Premium Patches: 2 (spud; bimola)

I'm honestly trying to figure out who you were referring to because that might make my decision easier, lol.

...but I guess I'll find out when you ultimately cast your ballot!

I was going to say "Gasp, no nameplate?" Then I looked a little closer...uhhh, that's pretty nasty.

Ya, thanks! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only collector out there that has any interest in nameplates!! (at least that would theoretically make them a lot cheaper to pick up!)

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens pg.30 (uh-oh)) - bonnev659 - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 09:48 AM)bimola Wrote: Ya, thanks! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only collector out there that has any interest in nameplates!! (at least that would theoretically make them a lot cheaper to pick up!)

as long it is not Whalers Nameplates you can pick up other name plates up

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens pg.30 (uh-oh)) - bimola - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 09:50 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: as long it is not Whalers Nameplates you can pick up other name plates up

Hmmmmmm......Whaaaalerrrs.......I never thought of looking for THOSE ones. THANKS for the idea!!! :D

...just kiddin'

...maybe.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens pg.30 (uh-oh)) - ricebondsmntna2young - 09-16-2011

This one looks all but over so unless we have an objection, I'm going to call it. That Talbot patch may actually be the sweetest Pens patch I've ever seen anywhere, but there's so much great stuff out there, I'm glad we were able to spread the love.

Final Vote Tally

pens fan addict's Talbot Debut Threads: 6 (ty4; blue; power; wick; iluv; jafi)
ak11's Crosby Premium Patches: 2 (spud; bimola)
pens fan addict's Goligoski Debut Threads: 1 (bonnev)
pens1fan's Filewich Cup ARP: 1 (rice)
mrspudhead's Staal Shield: 1 (cheat)

Congratulations to pens fan addict for your obscene Talbot Debut Threads! Pick a team at your leisure.

Next round closes sometime Monday...

(09-16-2011, 12:17 PM)bimola Wrote: Hmmmmmm......Whaaaalerrrs.......I never thought of looking for THOSE ones. THANKS for the idea!!! Big Grin

...just kiddin'

...maybe.

...as he strokes his chin, lost in deep thought, lol!

(09-16-2011, 09:48 AM)bimola Wrote: Ya, thanks! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only collector out there that has any interest in nameplates!! (at least that would theoretically make them a lot cheaper to pick up!)

I think instead, you're probably the only collector out there who has it as the focal point of your collection, while most would feel lucky to own even 1 or 2.

(09-16-2011, 06:03 AM)mrspudhead Wrote: The team cards like yours are one of the main reasons I like Artifacts. Here's another one with the same number even! Spud

Certified had some nice multi-star cards too.

Your Artifacts treasure trove never gets tiring to look at...amazing stuff.

and even though it is a multi team card.

I think you're not giving these enough credit...they're stunning pieces, all. What's the Crosby, Richards, Lecavalier connection though?

(09-16-2011, 01:11 AM)wickabee Wrote: That Team Marks collection is ridiculous.

It doesn't even look real. I mean, Hugh gives new meaning to the term patch faker! Ridiculous.

[Image: marcandrefleuryemblem.jpg][/quote]

Thanks for contributing some new colors. It's always a nice change of pace to see some jerseys from the minors.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Pens pg.30 (uh-oh)) - jafi1972 - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 03:11 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I think you're not giving these enough credit...they're stunning pieces, all. What's the Crosby, Richards, Lecavalier connection though?

They all played for Rimouski in the QMJHL I believe.
(09-16-2011, 05:47 AM)mrspudhead Wrote: That's a nice card. Did you pull it yourself? Spud

The LS Crosby was in a group case break and the Triple patch was a pull.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(pens fan addict picks a team) - pens fan addict - 09-16-2011

How about.... My local hockey tram the Florida Panthers. The have many colors in thier logo that could prove to gave some very interesting patches.

Thanks to everyone who voted my Talbot Ultimate patch Rc to win...it is one of my absolute favorite cards on the Pens PC.