Beckett Message Boards
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... (/thread-1456545.html)

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - wqjtek - 11-25-2011

Hi, my 2 cards

[Image: p1020236q.jpg]

[Image: pict2232t.jpg]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - warsawknuckles467 - 11-28-2011

bumpola for the late crowd and the fact that it was buried on page 2...

ps. folks, the theme is "auto on the memorabila", not auto/memorabilia.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - bonnev659 - 11-28-2011

nice dual tampa mem/auto card

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - warsawknuckles467 - 12-04-2011

hey Rice etc., you were supposed to tally them votes up a few days ago. what gives? Wink

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - ricebondsmntna2young - 12-04-2011

(12-04-2011, 08:50 AM)warsawknuckles467 Wrote: hey Rice etc., you were supposed to tally them votes up a few days ago. what gives? Wink

Lol, well since I made a last call for votes, a page earlier we saw some more beauties, comments, questions...but no more votes! We're deadlocked where we were last week:

'Autograph on Memorabilia' Round closes 8pm PT 11/28

androsfl's Lundqvist Tape to Tape: 1 (onox)
bimola's Beliveau Scripted Swatches: 1 (warsaw)
skyfire47's Lundqvist Frozen Foursomes: 1 (rice)
ak11's Kopitar Signature Sticks: 1 (jaykay?)

I just took it as a sign that I should table the thread for awhile. But if it picks up on its own, I'll be there to count votes and declare winners...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - bonnev659 - 12-04-2011

rcm331 dual marty roy auto got my vote

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - warsawknuckles467 - 12-12-2011

Alan, old buddy, are we ever gonna wrap this up and get to the King of the Hill overall winner round?

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - ricebondsmntna2young - 12-12-2011

Yeah, let's do it as soon as we clear the holidays. I need everyone's input since I've got, from least complicated to most, 3 ideas for how to run the Best In Show playoffs:

1) Randomize the 30 current winners and run a head-to-head playoff; OR,

2) Let reigning Kings of the Hill browse a gallery of those strongest late entries already in-thread and, if necessary, surrender their crown before running the playoffs; OR,

3) Allow each of the 30 reigning Kings to defend his crown against all challengers (only cards that haven't already been considered) in a 1-day-of-entries, 1-day-of-voting lightning round before running the head-to-head playoffs.

I'll publicize the finalized rules of the game as we approach playoff-time so everyone can have their say about the option and shall have notice that the playoffs are coming on a date certain.

(12-12-2011, 12:25 PM)warsawknuckles467 Wrote: Alan, old buddy, are we ever gonna wrap this up and get to the King of the Hill overall winner round?

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28) - bimola - 12-12-2011

(12-12-2011, 02:23 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: 3) Allow each of the 30 reigning Kings to defend his crown against all challengers (only cards that haven't already been considered) in a 1-day-of-entries, 1-day-of-voting lightning round before running the head-to-head playoffs.

I'll publicize the finalized rules of the game as we approach playoff-time so everyone can have their say about the option and shall have notice that the playoffs are coming on a date certain.

Actually - this could be fun. If you pre-post the team order (alphabetical makes it easy) and each day post the current leading card for that team then it should be pretty exciting to watch things unfold. I know I missed the first few teams before I discovered the thread (and I've acquired a few more cards since the voting has closed).

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Now Writing Playoff Rules) - ak11 - 12-12-2011

I can bring out a few more Kings patches if necessary Wink