Beckett Message Boards
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... (/thread-1456545.html)

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - ricebondsmntna2young - 11-11-2011

Well shoot. This 50 car pile up is sorta why I was pulling for separate stick, puck, skate, glove, etc. categories...because it's so darned tough to pick a winner in this unbelievably expansive category. The upside is that we're seeing scary nice cards coming out of the woodwork.

jaykayzee's Turco has got to be in the top 20 most stunning cards many of us have ever seen. That may be both an understatement and at the same presumptuous because, as this thread's shown time and again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The competition's never been stiffer, so let's give it a week to see if any card can make a run, or if previous voters reconsider in light of new entries, or if there are new cards the world needs to see.

One thing's for sure, the voting's never been this all over the place...and for good reason. Have a look:

Best of the Rest round closes 11/17 @ 8pm PT

[Image: th_0910itgbtpglovesavemartyturcogold1o.jpg]
jaykayzee's Turco glove: 4 (BFan91; onoxxx; jowls; cheat)
I'm still very much a noob but this is probably in the top 5 all time for me. How does one react to pulling something like this out of a pack? I'll never ever know.

[Image: th_ITGKeonstick.jpg]
bimola's Keon stick: 2 (lu812; bluefrozencanuck)
This apparently made luongo812 giggle…probably because it sucked all the oxygen from the room, leaving only nitrous oxide and helium (seriously, both gasses are actually in the air at trace levels and yes I'm a nerd for googling it.)

[Image: th_img087.jpg]
boofish's Howe emblem: 2 (bonnev; alto4life)
If there's a sweeter Whaler card out there owned by anyone, I'd have to see it to believe it.

[Image: th_macinnis0006.jpg]
warsawknuckles467's MacInnis stick/skate/glove/jersey: 1 (rice)
For now, this one gets my vote just for latest jaw drop factor. I mean, I can't say I've seen a more complete package.

[Image: th_0708SuperlativeForsbergStickRack-1.jpg]
scarrman's Forsberg stick: 1 (wick)
This card inspired a change of heart from wickabee and it's understandable…they should rename it SICKracks.

[Image: th_IMG_0001-2.jpg]
Rvelligan's Roy puck/jersey: 1 (pretzel)
The era of puck cards is before my time and I'm worse off for it. Positively primo puck piece from a pretty prestigious player.

[Image: th_kesselstick15of15.jpg]
jaykayzee's Kesselstick: 1 (bimola)
I can't even get a pity vote for my Thornton or St. Louis stick of the same set. Naw, instead jaykayzee's gotta run the table on me with that Turco and then rub my face in it by capturing the only Stick Signings vote of the round… BULL…pucky I say, bullpucky.

(10-29-2011, 05:02 AM)opierocks Wrote: OK, here's my 3...
First, an 02/03 Bowman Youngstars Anton Volchenkov Stick

Followed by the 99/00 Black Diamond (or was it 00/01?) Game Gear Alexei Yashin Glove

And finally, a 99/00 MVP Combo Souvenirs Daniel Alfredsson Stick and Puck

Let the craziness commence!

Awesome Senator contributions as usual!

(10-29-2011, 05:53 AM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote: wow I haven't seen those signed sticks before Rice.. Those are amazing!!
Well I'm gonna take a stroll down memory lane with my 3 and I will make them three different types... First up

A Super Game Used Souvenirs from 2000-01 UD MVP of Messier hand numbered out of 50 of a stick and puck card, nothing flash in the way of colors but I love it.

Next up is a 1998-99 BAP Game Used Sticks of the Mess. I love the color and design of this card!

And last but not my 1999-00 BAP Game Used Goal Memorabillia of Garth Snow clearly depicting part of the O in Heaton on his blocker! My favourite and was a hard one to reel in

The memoirs...

The Messier is a real gem, and stick cards of all-time greats are never dull, but yeah the belle of this ball is your blocker card. Very very nice stuff, thanks for walking us through it.

(10-30-2011, 09:58 PM)dragik Wrote: Ok, here we go...

Crap, but I wanted to join in Smile

Love the Eric Staal...can you repost the first pic? It's a broken link and I think I missed it.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - bonnev659 - 11-11-2011

so good

i bet a few UM11 cards might make it in time...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - opierocks - 11-12-2011

Almost forgot to vote!! Gotta go with the warsawknuckles MacInnis....that is sweet! Sorry Rice, no sympathy vote for ya here!

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - gary991979 - 11-12-2011

Here is a Patch Tyler picked up at the Expo for his PC

[Image: scan7.jpg]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - bonnev659 - 11-12-2011

nice pick up Tyler

Garry how was it?

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - cmccart8 - 11-12-2011

[Image: mario.jpg]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - wildx - 11-12-2011

[Image: KOVYYY-1.jpg]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - bonnev659 - 11-12-2011

Sweet Mario and IK cards

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - ricebondsmntna2young - 11-12-2011

wildx:
That is an absolutely ridiculous Kovy. Playoffs are coming soon and I'm going to make a post with all the best late entries to see if any Kings of the Hill want to reconsider their crown and this is going to the top of the list.

cmccart8:
With such a beautiful card, I wanted to see what other entries you had and stumbled into the Football section. That's a pretty unreal best-patches-thread they've got going there.

gary991979:
As I said, awesome pickup for your kid. I can't decide whether I like 08-09 or 09-10 Limited Logos design better but your son would've been running strong in the Kings round...up until ak11 came with this:

[Image: th_kopitarCupLimitedLogos4.jpg]

Boy, but aren't these Kings pieces all strong.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Best of the Rest, starting on p.123) - bangkokbob - 11-12-2011

[Image: 100_1093-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_2176.jpg]
[Image: 100_0978.jpg]