Beckett Message Boards
***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Beckett Grading Services (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Beckett Grading Services (BGS) (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: ***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card (/thread-1455674.html)

***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - coureymarshall - 08-29-2011 02:54 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320744293922?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I recently purchased this item from Ebay. The BGS identification number is authentic. Card was graded August 01, 2011. See image in the link above.

However, the BGS grade label states that the card is a "bowman CHROME interstate," however, the card is NOT a chrome. The card is just a bowman interstate.

All Bowman "chrome" cards state "bowman chrome" in the bottom right hand corner of the card.

Should I contact BGS in regards to this item error? Or should I just return for a full refund to the seller?

RE: ***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - nolan5000 - 08-29-2011 03:13 PM

(08-29-2011 02:54 PM)coureymarshall Wrote:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/320744293922?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I recently purchased this item from Ebay. The BGS identification number is authentic. Card was graded August 01, 2011. See image in the link above.

However, the BGS grade label states that the card is a "bowman CHROME interstate," however, the card is NOT a chrome. The card is just a bowman interstate.

All Bowman "chrome" cards state "bowman chrome" in the bottom right hand corner of the card.

Should I contact BGS in regards to this item error? Or should I just return for a full refund to the seller?

Do you do subs to BGS? I ask this because if you do, you can just put it with you next order. If you need anything else just ask.

RE: ***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - coureymarshall - 08-29-2011 03:28 PM

What do you mean by "subs?"

Should I just refund the item to the seller?

RE: ***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - nolan5000 - 08-29-2011 04:02 PM

(08-29-2011 03:28 PM)coureymarshall Wrote:  What do you mean by "subs?"

Should I just refund the item to the seller?

Do you do BGS submissions? If you do, then you can put it with your next order and they will fix the error. In this instance, I would NOT get the seller to issue me a refund.

However, if you have no interest in doing BGS submissions, then you might want the refund.

However, if you bought the card knowing the card was wrong, then morally & ethically I say it's on you and you should NOT ask for a refund. Case in point, just today I won a card. I didn't look closely at the picture. After I won, I looked at the card admiring it, and I noticed that the auto isn't bold the way that I like it. What am I going to do? I'm going to suck it up and take the hit and pay the seller his money.

Just my 2 cents.

RE: ***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - coureymarshall - 08-29-2011 04:24 PM

I totally 100% agree with you on that:
1) I noticed what looked like a probable 'ding' in the scan, ... after receiving the card, it is in fact a 'ding'... however, I am not going to return it, because I made the purchase knowing that the card could have a potential ding on the upper corner.
2) I didn't realize that this wasn't a "chrome" card until I received it and noticed it didn't have the embossed, shiny-gloss finish to the surface. After doing additional research, I did in fact realize it is not a bowman chrome. (with that being said, truth be known, I could probably auction the card for more than what I paid for it)

RE: ***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - bostonsports1 - 08-31-2011 07:58 AM

(08-29-2011 04:24 PM)coureymarshall Wrote:  I totally 100% agree with you on that:
1) I noticed what looked like a probable 'ding' in the scan, ... after receiving the card, it is in fact a 'ding'... however, I am not going to return it, because I made the purchase knowing that the card could have a potential ding on the upper corner.
2) I didn't realize that this wasn't a "chrome" card until I received it and noticed it didn't have the embossed, shiny-gloss finish to the surface. After doing additional research, I did in fact realize it is not a bowman chrome. (with that being said, truth be known, I could probably auction the card for more than what I paid for it)

Well the seller listed it as Bowman CHROME, so you do have a legit reason for a refund. However if you got it for cheap, no need to do so.

RE: ***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - nolan5000 - 08-31-2011 08:29 AM

(08-31-2011 07:58 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote:  Well the seller listed it as Bowman CHROME, so you do have a legit reason for a refund. However if you got it for cheap, no need to do so.

I just checked the auction, he didn't get it for cheap.

RE: ***ERROR*** BGS 9.5 Manning rookie card - coureymarshall - 08-31-2011 09:59 AM

(08-31-2011 08:29 AM)nolan5000 Wrote:  I just checked the auction, he didn't get it for cheap.

I have already made arrangements for a return. The seller is a good guy and totally understood. He easily will provide a full refund with no problem. Thanks for all of the input and advice.