Beckett Message Boards
Ot- The term Super Collector - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Ot- The term Super Collector (/thread-1454503.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ot- The term Super Collector - talkntribe - 08-22-2011

I noticed how super collector is put on alot of signatures. Thats fine,because I have one myself. Well it got me thinking. What is the difference between collector and someone being labeled Super Collector. Is there a certain amount of cards one should have? Just wondering...

I colllect Manny Ramirez,and have over 800 different,1500 total,2 signed balls,2 signed 8x10 photos and a collection of SL..

Would like to hear everyone's opinion to the topic.

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - insidethevines - 08-22-2011

super collector is a self given title. it has nothing to do with having a certain amount of cards. It just shows that you "super" into "collcting" the player.

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - jtulliakat0628 - 08-22-2011

I would think that if you "collect" somebody, that you probably buy/trade for mainly that one player but you collect other people/teams at the same time too.

But if you "super collect" I would think that you just collect that person and nobody else until you are either at whatever stopping point you want to stop at or you start collecting somebody else again and just simple "collect"

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - nolan5000 - 08-22-2011

(08-22-2011, 09:09 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: I would think that if you "collect" somebody, that you probably buy/trade for mainly that one player but you collect other people/teams at the same time too.

But if you "super collect" I would think that you just collect that person and nobody else until you are either at whatever stopping point you want to stop at or you start collecting somebody else again and just simple "collect"

That sounds great Josh!

Hey, I'm back!! I couldn't login for awhile & then when I finally could login, when I clicked on the "Forums" tab, it logged me back out.

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - astroburn - 08-22-2011

Well, based on that logic, I was a collector but am now a "Super Collector" since I have switched to collecting Bagwell only.

I knew I had reached Super Collector status when I brought my PC into my LCS and literally blew the owners mind away! He had never seen so many Bagwells at one time.

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - bustin 5 knots - 08-22-2011

(08-22-2011, 11:24 PM)astroburn Wrote: Well, based on that logic, I was a collector but am now a "Super Collector" since I have switched to collecting Bagwell only.

I knew I had reached Super Collector status when I brought my PC into my LCS and literally blew the owners mind away! He had never seen so many Bagwells at one time.

I think if you have your own site dedicated to your collection, you're a supercollector Smile

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - dbroockerd - 08-22-2011

I always determine the difference by what you collect. I don't think it means you only collect a player. I think a collector picks up autos, RC, GU etc. A super collector want anything and EVERYTHING of their player. This includes every base card, 1/1, auto, GU, bats, balls, jersey, helmet, gloves, unlicensed cards, etc. I have super collector status on both my main players but I also collect anything and everything of those players. On my Thomas I own 9 autographed bats, 12 balls, a hat, helmet, jersey, cleats, and the list goes on and one. That is not mentioning the cards. I never pass on a Thomas I need unless its too much to give and I can get it elsewhere. I paid $175 for my Kila Superfractor, $219 for my Kilas Bowman's Best 1/1. You get the idea. If I can afford it and I need it I will get it.

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - calripkenjrcollector - 08-23-2011

Here's a good example of a collector and a super collector.
Check my ripken bucket and while you're there check out bigalbert (who is also a becketteer).
You will know real quick which one is which.

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - grfyfan - 08-23-2011

I consider myuself a supercollector of Griffey because like they said I want anything I can find with his face or name or anything to do with Jr, and now I have a room that looks like this...

[Image: SDC18919.jpg]

[Image: SDC18876.jpg]

[Image: SDC18869.jpg]

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector - krykslr - 08-23-2011

my own personal test for a supercollector is if I say "HOLY SH*T" when I see their collection.....but that's just me lol