Beckett Message Boards
August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! (/thread-1449032.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - bakerman8419 - 07-20-2011

August Freebie Month

First I just want to say I cannot believe it has been a year already. Let’s make this year bigger and better than last year. For anyone who was not here last year. Here are the guidelines:

How it works: Every member has the opportunity to send a care package to any member(s) they want to. There a NO rules. If you send out packages it does not mean you will get anything in return. If you receive something it does not mean you are required to send something out.

Purpose of this: Everyone has cards they do not want. This is a great way to find those who want what you have so you can move some product. This is also a chance for you to give back to someone who has given you something that you have yet to return the favor.

How to obtain addresses: You can PM the person you want to send a package to. (This is the best option). If you choose to surprise someone completely then check your completed trades. Odds are is you have traded with that person sometime in the past. The last option is to PM a member who you feel may have the address you need. (This is the worst option as some may not want to deal with these requests).

Where to list what you are looking for: Do it right here in this thread. You can list a team you want, a player you want, a set you are working on, etc.

To new members or members whom do not post much: If you are not a contributor to the boards or just joined the site you are still allowed to participate but realize you may not receive anything as you can be mistaken for someone who just wants free cards with no intention of sticking around or joining in sending out packages to other members.

If you have any questions/concerns: Post all questions and concerns here. No need to PM me or another member. I will keep an eye on this thread multiple times a day so I will get to your questions ASAP.

Any ideas to spice this up? Post them here and maybe we will do it!!!

Thanks and I hope everyone participates!!!

I post an update a few days before August 1st with some other details so keep an eye out!!!

RE: August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - koolkellygirl - 07-20-2011

I have a lot of addresses if people want to try me first (If you want to send to someone & keep it a surprise). I don't mind digging through the rolladex!

Here's the list that wavytiger compiled to make it easier:
ejnfl24 - SD Chargers and Oregon Ducks No Chargers in college uni's or Ducks in pro uni's

kennycooks - Lamarr Woodley and L.C. Greenwood primarily other Steelers defensive greats, and ECU alumni (Chris Johnson C.J. Wilson, & David Garrard, etc.)

koolkellygirl - Legarrettte Blount, Marshall Faulk, Steven Jackson, Jonathan Stewart, Thurman Thomas, Kellen Clemens, Dennis Dixon, Mo Morris, Demetrius Williams, Patrick Chung, Matt Moore. Kurt Warner Cardinal, Marshall Faulk auto in Rams uniform. any Warner auto.Mardy Gilyard,Quizz Rodgers & Sam Bradford

rgf17 - david carr, derek anderson, taiwan jones and green bay packers. in baseball colby lewis of the texas rangers

sconnienation3 - Wisconsin Badgers, Packers and Thurman Thomas

jsonnentag - Packers

jfrench91 - mark sanchez and derrick morgan

baycitysfinest - Lefty QB's, or Rockies Pitcher Rex Brothers

alanch - Jim Leonhard and Green Bay Packers, especially Donald Driver

Denbro17 - past Oklahoma state players, mainly Kendall Hunter

collinsfanatic - Kerry Collins, Victor Cruz, Topps Platinum, Elite Die Cuts and rookie cards

favre3mvp - Green Bay Packers, Seattle Mariners, and San Antonio Spurs, Steven Mcgee, Jameson Taillon, Desean Jackosn, Texas A&M, and Army cards

wavytiger1975 - Cris Carter, John Randle, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway, Everson Griffen, Cedric Griffin, Percy Harvin, E.J. Henderson, Jim Kleinsasser, Christian Ponder, Sidney Rice, Brian Robison, Kyle Rudolph, Kevin Williams, Antoine Winfield

lambeau legend4 - Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers & Ron Dayne, anything Packers (in Packers uni only) and Blaine Gabbert auto's

gadsden86 - dolphins

patsfan129 - New England Patriots and Reds

megatronford - Calvin Johnson, Ndamukong Suh, Louis Delmas, Jahvid Best, Deandre Levy, Titus Young, Nick Fairley, Michigan players

temple sportscards - Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans and New York Giants

fbqueen - 90's inserts

adidasking417 - dallas cowboys, matthew stafford, dallas mavericks and texas longhorns

philly eagle in az - Eagles numbered cards, refractors and rarer inserts

mrhurtado17 - Tebows or Raiders

giantfan270 - giants

p phillies270 - andre roberts and ravens

falcons2fan - Matt Ryan and Rusty Smith

soccerscrub - Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, Eli Manning (daughter) and Colts

cybertrenz02 - McFadden, Ford, McClain, Bo Jackson, Tim Brown and Raiders, Oh yea...and 2010 limited rookie au Jersey /199......

blackholedaddy - louis murphy

reido918 - Bears, Cowboys, Kurt Warner, star rookie cards, and HOFers

p18mann - dc teams minus wizards, arkansas razorbacks, peyton manning and chris johnson

rs20 - Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Chris Ivory, Mikel LeShoure, Eric Decker, Von Miller and Tebow

rocknandrew - Kurt Warner

RE: August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - ejnfl24 - 07-20-2011

Let the games begin! Can't wait to see all the great stuff distributed to all the great members here! I've got a couple things ready to go out. Smile

***For those that might not know, I collect SD Chargers and Oregon Ducks. Preferably in those uniforms. No Chargers in college uni's or Ducks in pro uni's.

RE: August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - koolkellygirl - 07-20-2011

(07-20-2011, 10:28 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Let the games begin! Can't wait to see all the great stuff distributed to all the great members here! I've got a couple things ready to go out. Smile

I have cards ready too! I've been waiting for this...

RE: August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - kennycooks - 07-20-2011

I like this idea. And since I am starting a promising new job today I may not be out of the hobby that long.

I think I have a pretty good idea who you two collect. (Though I think that in the case of Kelly if it is made of cardboard and has someone wearing pads seh collects them :p )

I collect Lamarr Woodley and L.C. Greenwood primarily. I also collect other Steelers defensive greats, and ECU alumni (Chris Johnson C.J. Wilson, & David Garrard are the bigger names.)

(07-20-2011, 10:30 AM)kennycooks Wrote: I think I have a pretty good idea who you two collect. (Though I think that in the case of Kelly if it is made of cardboard and has someone wearing pads seh collects them :p )

Ummm....That's not true...

I mean, usually he HAS to be a cutie...

RE: August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - bostonsports1 - 07-20-2011

I got a ton of late 90s, early to mid 2000s base and inserts of Stars, so people post your Team needs and Player needs if your interested. I sent all my Giants to Deuce so you can ask him as to what you may expect to get. Prob will send a couple of these out, I owe FBQueen something as well, but if someone is interested in what I got shoot me a PM, or if I see you here I'll ask for ur addy.

This is my main list. For those of you familiar with the Ducks and Beavers, it is easier...
Legarrettte Blount, Marshall Faulk, Steven Jackson, Jonathan Stewart, Thurman Thomas, Kellen Clemens, Dennis Dixon, Mo Morris, Demetrius Williams, Patrick Chung, Matt Moore. Kurt Warner Cardinal, Marshall Faulk auto inRams uniform. any Warner auto.Mardy Gilyard,Quizz Rodgers & Sam Bradford

RE: August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - soccerscrub - 07-20-2011

Hey Kelly,

I'll probably be bugging you here in the near future... Time for me to get rid of some excess cardboard and I'm going to need some addresses.

RE: August Freebie Month Is Back!!! 1 Year Anniversary!!! - kennycooks - 07-20-2011

(07-20-2011, 10:32 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Ummm....That's not true...

I mean, usually he HAS to be a cutie...

Wink I'm just joshin ya.