Beckett Message Boards
UD card in Playoff Contenders! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (/forum-8.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (/forum-9.html)
+---- Thread: UD card in Playoff Contenders! (/thread-1448926.html)

Pages: 1 2

UD card in Playoff Contenders! - jason1980 - 07-19-2011 03:41 PM

Hey everyone,

My very first post involves something almost too hard to belive.

Tore into a box of 2010/11 Playoff Contenders this afternoon and in one of the packs I found a Steve Yzerman Holo FX card from SP Authentic. I couldn't really believe it!

Anyone ever heard of or experienced something like this? Should I bring it to Panini's attention or Upper Deck?

Bottom line is how could an Upper Deck card find it's way into a Panini product?

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - pens1fan - 07-19-2011 03:48 PM

Where did you buy the box? Obviously looks like you got a box that has been tampered with.

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - bruinsfan08 - 07-19-2011 03:49 PM

Woah, sounds to me like your box was most likely tampered with, what were the hits?

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - jason1980 - 07-19-2011 04:22 PM

Hey guys,

Naturally first thing that crossed my mind too but the box itself was totally sealed and the packages showed no signs of being tampered with. I got it from a sportscard store on ebay.

I believe it was tampered with but on the factory level. Either someone replaced a card with the Yzerman OR Panini was trying to replicate in some manner what Upper Deck produces.

I honestly wouldn't believe it...if it didn't happen to me!

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - nuccionino - 07-19-2011 04:35 PM

And the hits were?

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - jason1980 - 07-19-2011 04:45 PM

They all seemed pretty standard/as advertised however was missing a rookie Sig...only got 3...don't suppose my signed "Taylor Hall" ended up in the pocket of a Panini Employee did it?

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - forthecommonman - 07-19-2011 04:47 PM

Hmmm... does the dealer on the bay have a good track record? Fishy you would be missing a 'HIT' also..

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - jason1980 - 07-19-2011 04:50 PM

Great Track record...I'm telling honestly I've looked at all the angles there's something fishy going on here..

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - bonnev659 - 07-19-2011 05:08 PM

that is strange

i can see if it is same company, like donruss in your box

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders! - nickthekid87 - 07-19-2011 07:29 PM

This all seems very strange. Maybe the guy can shrink wrap his own stuff and has a way of resealing the packs. Something isn't right though.