Beckett Message Boards
FREE - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: FREE (/thread-1447529.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

FREE - giantfan270 - 07-11-2011

Last night it took me two hours to list a bunch a trade packs. This morning all my threads were gone. I guess I was supposed to put trade packs in ORG. Just having good members willing to make fair trades, isn't enough I guess. That, combined with the fact that you now have to pay for ORG, is a real hit to the hobby. What ever happened to free trading? Around here, you have to pay if you want to trade. It's really hard to enjoy this site when something like that happens. Quickly turns a positive into a negative. It's like communist card trading. So I guess I'll really make them mad and just give the stuff away. I'm just trying to share my extra cards....

Jimmy Clausen 9 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110710-00012-1.jpg]
Dez Bryant 6 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110710-00022-1.jpg]
Ndamukong Suh 5 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110710-00029-1.jpg]
Michael Irving (old school) 9 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110710-00035-1.jpg]
Aaron Rogers 8 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110711-00045-1.jpg]
Jahvid Best 6 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110711-00054-1.jpg]
Steve Slaton 10 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110711-00062-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20110711-00063-1.jpg]
Demaryius Thomas 5 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110711-00073-1.jpg]
Peyton Manning 8 card pack
[Image: IMG-20110711-00079-1.jpg]

RE: Trade packs for FREE - thelegendjerryrice - 07-11-2011

Comparing charging for ORG to communist card trading is OVER the top.
For a service Beckett used to supply for free, BUT now charges. It's $20... Not like they are for your first born.......... TBO I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner.
Can you imagine what a load ORG people put on the bandwidth....

You are not paying for trading....... You are paying to keep your cards on Becketts servers.......

RE: Trade packs for FREE - floydtown - 07-11-2011

Its pretty simple- read the TOS and the sticky up top. That will tell you how we trade here, if you cannot follow those rules then you will not be able to trade here-sorry.
Also there is a 3 post limit-you had 8 or 9 all at once and zero cards in your organize.
Whats up with the "communist trading" comment? Not cool

RE: FREE - koolkellygirl - 07-11-2011

Yeah, if it was communist trading everything would BE FREE! Duh-people don't even know what "communism" means!

RE: Trade packs for FREE - giantfan270 - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 10:04 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Comparing charging for ORG to communist card trading is OVER the top.
For a service Beckett used to supply for free, BUT now charges. It's $20... Not like they are for your first born.......... TBO I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner.
Can you imagine what a load ORG people put on the bandwidth....

You are not paying for trading....... You are paying to keep your cards on Becketts servers.......
I don't want my cards on Beckett's server. But thanks for the offer. All i want to do is share my cards. Too much to ask?

(07-11-2011, 10:23 AM)floydtown Wrote: Its pretty simple- read the TOS and the sticky up top. That will tell you how we trade here, if you cannot follow those rules then you will not be able to trade here-sorry.
Also there is a 3 post limit-you had 8 or 9 all at once and zero cards in your organize.
Whats up with the "communist trading" comment? Not cool

I speak the truth. You make it to difficult to enjoy trading. If I didn't pay for ORG, which I do, I wouldn't be allowed to trade. I rather just give it away. Just because you post rules, doesn't make them right. Rules are only as good as the people that made them up.

(07-11-2011, 10:38 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Yeah, if it was communist trading everything would BE FREE! Duh-people don't even know what "communism" means!

Communism means you do it their way, because that is the only way they see fit. Don't talk about it, don't complain about it, just conform and do what your told. Or else! It's a narrow minded state to live in and that will never be me. I like telling my customers yes a whole lot better than I like telling them no.

RE: Trade packs for FREE - jacobystealshome - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 10:39 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: Communism means you do it their way, because that is the only way they see fit. Don't talk about it, don't complain about it, just conform and do what your told. Or else! It's a narrow minded state to live in and that will never be me. I like telling my customers yes a whole lot better than I like telling them no.

um, no, that isnt the definition of communism.

this is a private company. follow their rules or bugger off. id really like to wear <b><del>no pants</del></b> jeans at work, but i cant, because it's not allowed. so i deal with it

COMMUNIST THINKING says that a company should give away stuff for free for the collective good

shove off, comrade giantsfan270. Dasvidaniya

RE: Trade packs for FREE - koolkellygirl - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 11:20 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: COMMUNIST THINKING says that a company should give away stuff for free for the collective good

shove off, comrade giantsfan270. Dasvidaniya

It's funny how people do not really know the meaning and they associate it with anything that goes against THEIR way of thinking! Thanks, Jacoby for backing me up!

RE: FREE - deuce6000 - 07-11-2011

Yeah but they chose to give you "what they think you are worth" which is very bad so I don't think "collective good" works. GF270 is a great dude so how bout we agree he made a bad choice of words and mvoe on I hate arguments lol.

RE: Trade packs for FREE - thelegendjerryrice - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 10:39 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: I don't want my cards on Beckett's server. But thanks for the offer. All i want to do is share my cards. Too much to ask?

I speak the truth. You make it to difficult to enjoy trading. If I didn't pay for ORG, which I do, I wouldn't be allowed to trade. I rather just give it away. Just because you post rules, doesn't make them right. Rules are only as good as the people that made them up.

Communism means you do it their way, because that is the only way they see fit. Don't talk about it, don't complain about it, just conform and do what your told. Or else! It's a narrow minded state to live in and that will never be me. I like telling my customers yes a whole lot better than I like telling them no.

The truth is you can't follow RULES.

Rules are like laws.
You follow the laws when you drive. You follow the rules here.

RE: Trade packs for FREE - giantfan270 - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 11:25 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: It's funny how people do not really know the meaning and they associate it with anything that goes against THEIR way of thinking! Thanks, Jacoby for backing me up!

I'm constantly promoting the hobby by giving cards away for free, so obviously you don't know me.....