Beckett Message Boards
DO NOT TRADE WITH: dorkypunkrockerguy - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-53.html)
+---- Thread: DO NOT TRADE WITH: dorkypunkrockerguy (/thread-1447075.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: DO NOT TRADE WITH: dorkypunkrockerguy - crazyforkinsler5 - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 11:41 AM)wegotthattoo Wrote: What about a little something like this as a possible solution for trades. First one party pays for the item via PayPal, the payment receiver then ships the card out. When the payer receives the card, the other person pays the same amount for the other person to ship the other card. When both cards have been received by both parties, both transactions are refunded on PayPal. When a transaction is refunded, PayPal also refunds the fees associated with the transaction. Everyone is happy except PayPal (for using their services for free - but they have enough cash anyway LOL)

That's not guaranteed to work either because what if we pay him to ship first? He keeps our money and our cards and we're out all together.

RE: DO NOT TRADE WITH: dorkypunkrockerguy - xstreaminsanity - 07-22-2011

Yeah, there's really no absolutely 100% secure way to do trades. Yeah, if he kept the card you could say "Item not received" and they would be refunded the money, but that would still require one person to ship first. There are some people on here who we are very comfortable trading with and that would not be an issue to ship whenever. I have a couple of trade right now that I've received their ends and have yet to ship their ends out. However, the difference is that I communicated with them why and have stayed current with them. Also, lately, I've been throwing in freebies when I can to try and compensate. The issue here is simply that the line of communication has been broken and even after talking with me and another mod, telling us that they shipped, there are still many users who haven't received their end and should have by now.

RE: DO NOT TRADE WITH: dorkypunkrockerguy - wegotthattoo - 07-22-2011

I understand, but like insanity said, at least with PayPal, you can file a claim and get your money back from PayPal. Was just a suggestion, especially for higher end cards. In any case, hope this does not become a continuing concern for everyone here on the forums. It's really upsetting when a couple people can really mess things up for everyone. I guess it's all part of life.

RE: DO NOT TRADE WITH: dorkypunkrockerguy - xstreaminsanity - 07-22-2011

The good thing is this may happen once a year. Last year it was jkligman (and his other aliases). It's not as often as on other boards. Smile

Thanks for the cheer me up lol

RE: DO NOT TRADE WITH: dorkypunkrockerguy - got watcha want - 07-22-2011

I have been lucky enough to dodge offers from jkligman and dorkypunkrockerguy. They both sent offers or posted on my trade threads.

If I hadn't had a bad feeling in the ole' gut about how easy they made a bad deal on their end and the way they were so anxious for me to ship at the same time as them.

Stick to your rules about if they have less feedback and this is your first trade with them, MAKE THEM SHIP FIRST.

I have to do this on other forums and I would think that everyone should do this and not get complacent and just ship sooner because say, your at the post office already or whatever.

If I am new in a forum (any forum) I don't trade with someone unless they have like atleast 50 positive feedbacks and other forum references from ebay or youtube. If these guys got you newbies then I am sorry. You newbies need to stick with the traders with higher feedback ratings until you have a high enough one that potential scammers must send first.

Even doing all of this, bad things can still happen (i.e. bjwarranty) but those bad apples are so few and far between. I am knocking on wood now, but I have not been scammed on any trade forums yet after almost 2 years of forum trading. Always do your research and don't let this one bad thread scare you away.

You may miss a few cards you like this way, but you don't miss the cards that you could have been scammed out of.

Got Watch Want - The name just rang a bell. A while back I was looking for some 06-07 SP Signature Edition Signatures Gold #/10 and you said you had some. Do you still have those cards?

(07-22-2011, 01:51 PM)wegotthattoo Wrote: Got Watch Want - The name just rang a bell. A while back I was looking for some 06-07 SP Signature Edition Signatures Gold #/10 and you said you had some. Do you still have those cards?

Nope, sorry the only one I have ever had my hands on is the MJ that was # 1/10 and my buddy sold it to a guy in Austrailia that turned around and filed an paypal claim after talking my friend into sending it as cheap as possible without DC.

We later saw this dude posting the card. Your not from Austrailia and have an the MJ #1/10 are you? JK! LOL

LOL No from Cali...But I do have the MJ

(07-22-2011, 03:18 PM)wegotthattoo Wrote: LOL No from Cali...But I do have the MJ

Well if you bought it from a guy in Austrailia and the serial # is 1/10, a paypal receipt would tremendously help my friend with the action Paypal has taken against him.

It has been almost 2 years since this has happened and he still has Paypal hounding him for the money. He refuses to pay and says if paypal takes legal action he still has the customs form and the PO reciept. Just to take to court if need be.

Guys I swear this dude is an honest ebay seller and got scammed himself as a seller. One of the worst things I have ever seen happen in the hobby.