Beckett Message Boards
How do you organize and store your cards? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: How do you organize and store your cards? (/thread-1445383.html)

Pages: 1 2

How do you organize and store your cards? - theroyalpain - 06-26-2011

I've been adding all my cards to Beckett here online, but I'm also looking for some helpful tips of organizing and storing at home.

Lay it on me Smile

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - chiefsncards275 - 06-26-2011

i have them sorted by team, every team is in a separate binder with sleeves, my gu and auto cards are in top loaders in a separate box

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - theroyalpain - 06-26-2011

(06-26-2011, 08:23 PM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: i have them sorted by team, every team is in a separate binder with sleeves, my gu and auto cards are in top loaders in a separate box

lets say a player shows Red Sox on the card but now plays for the Tigers?

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - sonnyday - 06-26-2011

Hundreds of random piles all over my office. 5 row boxes covering 4 shelves of a bookshelf, refractors , gu, autos, high value cards, low value cards, have there own row. Random sized boxes with cards all over the place, no rhyme or reason. Been trying to get organized for 20 years.

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - ca4n6chuck - 06-26-2011

all over the place, been trying to get organized since 1983

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - dandsbeck1 - 06-26-2011

Same here. Bought a collection from a friend and have probably counted the same card several times when trying to add them to my Beckett.com collection and organize them in to a specific box...Why can't cards be easy to organize like comics...Smile

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - chiefsncards275 - 06-26-2011

(06-26-2011, 08:30 PM)theroyalpain Wrote: lets say a player shows Red Sox on the card but now plays for the Tigers?

if hes a red sox on the card hes in the red sox binder for example adrian gonzalez card from 2008 will be padres but a 2011 one will be red sox

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - johnxgodfree - 06-26-2011

i have no real method to it after years of trying before and a year of trying now that I'm back into things.

i have two 3000 count boxes sorted by player and alphabetized by last name of older stuff 1 row in one of them is dedicated to 2010/2011 cards which are in numerical order... then i have 2 shelves on the bookcase in the living room where the active trade stuff sits for packaging up/going out/cataloging online

then i have a box of just trade stuff also working on getting it in order by name.

then a section of braves stuff for trade, and a separate graded card box of the braves PC

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - whodeyalltheway - 06-27-2011

Hundreds of card boxes mixed in with them on shelves, in binders, in a safe, ect. There is no method whatsoever yet that is the goal but its hard when you buy large collections and each one has the other collectors feel and method and I have a hard time catching up so i just fall more behind haha.

RE: How do you organize and store your cards? - bustin 5 knots - 06-27-2011

Organize them by set and keep them in piles (recently I have been moving them into shoeboxes, but only for 2008-2011 cards so far)