Beckett Message Boards
anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Auction Talk (/forum-58.html)
+--- Thread: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? (/thread-1445272.html)

Pages: 1 2

anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - sales18 - 06-25-2011 11:23 PM

Been a memebr of Beckett for a few years Been selling on Ebay for over 10 years now was looking/considering putting some of my cards up for sale here through the manage my collection bar but it seems pretty time consuming was just wandering if anyone has either bought and/or sold cards through that method. Thanks for the replies in advance.

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - josiahcecil - 02-11-2012 09:41 PM

Hey I am trying to do the same thing, I am slowly putting my collection into the organize section. I have posted a few threads saying that I am trying to start selling on beckett and it seems as if every one is against buying anything from a non-market place vendor. If you come up with any other ideas let me know but I will probably just continue to catalog my collection and keep posting ads.

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - filamuraireborn - 02-14-2012 11:37 AM

If you have something to sell, start putting them in your organize and start posting them in the trade forums of their respective sport. Always post the card image(s) and asking price(s). You have to observe the popular card(s) in demand amongst the Beckett Forum Community before posting anything for sale. You also have to give reasonable asking prices compared to the HI BV of all cards for sale.

<b>Note:</b> <i>You may use photobucket.com for posting the card image(s). You simply create an account and upload the image. Finally, you need to copy and paste the IMG CODE to post the image here. Good luck on your sales.</i>

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - Icedog76 - 02-18-2012 10:38 PM

Thanks for the Advice....I just stated collecting AGAIN a Few Months ago and have been using the Dreaded Bay (hidd3ntreasures) for getting rid of my extras...But, all the fees, and hoops you have to jump thru..."Buyer Protection" Horror Stories scare me when I read them...just worried about that fateful day when you send off a high value card and some guy wants to defraud you using buyer protection. Taking your advice and slowly listing my stuff on here...if anyone see's anything they want let me know...also willing to sell from my PC....Take a look...Msg me if you have any questions...I think Ill stay off the bay for selling for awhile and see what happens here.

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - filamuraireborn - 02-18-2012 11:07 PM

You're welcome.

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - cazper - 03-18-2012 12:55 AM

im doing the same thing. not alot of big cards except my bowman chrome orange refractor dustin ackley auto. but dont know how to even get started. i have been listing and doing what beckett says but not alot of help in this area. even made a fb page to connect. charging half book or less on 95% of my cards so not sure what to do. i build sets and always have extra everything so really just running out of room and figured to make a little change to buy more. any advice would be awesome. thanks in advance

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - filamuraireborn - 03-18-2012 05:33 AM

(03-18-2012 12:55 AM)cazper Wrote:  im doing the same thing. not alot of big cards except my bowman chrome orange refractor dustin ackley auto. but dont know how to even get started. i have been listing and doing what beckett says but not alot of help in this area. even made a fb page to connect. charging half book or less on 95% of my cards so not sure what to do. i build sets and always have extra everything so really just running out of room and figured to make a little change to buy more. any advice would be awesome. thanks in advance

For the record, I have never sold any cards yet in my entire collecting experience. In that case, I am not much help to anyone who needs a more experienced advice for selling. All I know is what I see within the forum. My posts above is what I can only offer.

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - 705-janveaux - 04-14-2012 01:00 PM

buying is alot easier than selling in any medium especially considering the competition online.
my advive? my best success has been within a "online communities" specificly targeting individuals
and their want lists, its a lot of leg work and time consuming but you sell and they get what they want delivered. personally i made 1 purchase from the marketplace and it still bothers me today, the card was garbage and i paid top dollar for it..good luck on selling that huge lot

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - coimbre 21 - 04-30-2012 05:35 PM

I've sold over 100 cards on ebay to fund others that I really want but have not tried Beckett yet. I did recently purchase a 2003 Topps Finest Mays GU card on ebay and it arrived with a card inside for checkoutmycards.com I took a look and it's a site specific to selling and purchasing cards and with a different approach to ebay.

The supporting technology infrastructure (apparently patented) is clean but seems much more advanced than other non-ebay card sites that are cumbersome or outdated. The site states that they take care of all the listing, photos, packaging, and shipping.

I plan to purchase a few items I recently saved in my new watch list and may give a try to selling a few cards, for which you can get credit to purchase others on the site, or you have option of cashing out. I'll post an update when that materializes.

RE: anyone do much selling on here other then marketplace? - David-Hope - 06-27-2012 02:05 PM

I'm a new member and new to any kind of collecting cards, i recently came into a very large collection and would prefer to sell them in bulk, any advice would be appreciated.

David