Beckett Message Boards
Best Active Player POLL - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sports Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Best Active Player POLL (/thread-1444812.html)

Pages: 1 2

Best Active Player POLL - bustin 5 knots - 06-23-2011

Who do you think is the best player that is active in the majors? Not the best player currently, but the best player that is still active (meaning that Giambi, Thome, Jeter, etc. are still eligible). My vote goes to Pujols (9 straight seasons of epicness)

RESULTS:
Pujols - 11
Ichiro - 3
Reyes - 2
Mariano Rivera - 1
Braun - 1

RE: Best Active Player POLL - TM Sportscards - 06-23-2011

I'll say Ichiro Suzuki. Aside from consistantly being one of the game's best hitters, he's also one of the game's best fielders. He can run, he can throw, he's not injury prone, and he's one of the few players who didn't need steroids to awe the masses. Just a pure & natural all around baseball player.

RE: Best Active Player POLL - bazooka joe - 06-23-2011

I am probabrly going to have to pick Ichiro as well. He has one of the best outfield arms I have ever seen, can track down any fly ball, and he also has been a lock for 200 hits every year.

RE: Best Active Player POLL - gherkin1496 - 06-23-2011

pujols... when tim kurkjian says youre the best player any living person has seen you know you are good

RE: Best Active Player POLL - 86champs - 06-23-2011

Jose Reyes is having a great year!!!

RE: Best Active Player POLL - epetry - 06-23-2011

I AGREE WITH BUSTIN 5 KNOTS, ALBERT PUJOLS IS THE BEST ACTIVE PLAYER

RE: Best Active Player POLL - zeprock - 06-23-2011

Tough call between Ichiro and Pujols.

Ichiro is a 10 time All-Star, won 10 Gold Gloves, 3 Silver Sluggers, two batting titles and led his league in stolen bases. Add in a Rookie of the Year award and a MVP. All of that was accumulated AFTER he was named to 7 All-Star teams, won 7 Gold Gloves, 7 batting titles, 3 MVP Awards and led his league in RBI and stolen bases in Japan! He will be the first Japanese player enshrined in Cooperstown.

Pujols has been named to 9 All-Star teams, has two Gold Gloves, 6 Silver Sluggers, led his league in batting once, RBI once and home runs twice. He also won Rookie of the Year and has 3 MVP Awards. King Albert has also won the Roberto Clemente Award and the Hank Aaron Award twice. Pujols has a World Championship under his belt and Ichiro has one in Japan.

Totally different types of players. Ichiro has more tools. Pujols is my favorite but Ichiro gets my vote.

RE: Best Active Player POLL - sesfan01 - 07-01-2011

It's going to be a toss up between Pujols and Ichiro.....

I'm going to have to go with Pujols (he is in the middle of his prime).

RE: Best Active Player POLL - mnc99 - 07-03-2011

Pujols

RE: Best Active Player POLL - ca4n6chuck - 07-04-2011

Albert Pujols hands down